Castle on a Cloud

"Eve? You in here?" Flynn called. The blonde walked in, her face buried in a case file. Eve looked up and smiled.

"Hey." Eve said, smiling flirtatiously. Flynn responded by pulling her into a kiss, Eve dropping her file so she could wrap her arms around his back.

After a couple more seconds Flynn gently pulled away. Eve smiled and said "What was that for? Not that I'm complaining..." she smirked.

"Well," Flynn responded, "I don't have anything to do for the next three days so I thought we could finally take that vacation we've been talking about." Eve looked up, surprised.

"Are you sure? I mean we already have a new case and-" Flynn held up a hand, silencing her. "Let the team handle this one."

Eve sighed. "Do you really think they can handle it?" she asked. " They've handled plenty cases by themselves. Besides you and I know we both need some unwinding." the Librarian said. "Flynn, you know I would love to go. But I feel like the team needs us right now." Eve said.

Trying another tactic, Flynn said "Ok, ok, but before you say no, let's get some outside opinions." Eve nodded.

"Cassandra!" Flynn exclaimed as the red head descended the stairs. "Hey guys! What's up?" Cassandra asked chirpily.

"We need your opinion on something." Eve responded. "Shoot." said Cassandra.

"Well I want to be fun and take a well deserved vacation, and Eve wants to be lame and stay here. What do you think we should do?" Flynn said. Cassandra thought for a second. "Well, I think-" "That you two should go. You guys deserve it. Besides, we could have some fun without you guys around." Ezekiel interrupted. Cassandra nodded. "What Ezekiel said. Only less rash and more smart sounding."

Eve giggled at Cassandra's comment. "Well, I guess it's decided then." "Where do you wanna go?" Flynn asked his girlfriend. "Um... How about Egypt? "No. Uh-uh. I do not want to be reminded of Apep on this trip." Eve bit her lip, considering that. "I see your point."

"Washington?" Flynn suggested. "Do you really want to be reminded of our alternate lives in which none of us remembered you?" Flynn shook his head vigorously. "Definitely not. I still can't get the horrifying image of you kissing Moriarty out of my head. With lips."

"Guatemala?" Eve said. "Ancient relic that caused anyone who touched it to turn into mummies. Enough said."

"Oh! How about Scotland?" Flynn asked. "Well, I certainly don't have anything against Scotland. Yet." Eve said. "Alright. Scotland it is." Flynn whooped and punched his fist into the air.

"When are you guys leaving?" asked Cassandra. "Tonight." Flynn responded as he bounded up the stairs to his bedroom. "Well, guess I better go pack." said Eve, hugging Cassandra on the way towards her bedroom.

At the sound of Flynn lugging his suitcase down the stairs, Eve looked up and stifled a laugh. She stood watching him stumble with a smirk on her face. "Eve? Some help here?" Flynn called. "Nope," Eve responded, "You're the Librarian, you can do whatever needs to be done." Flynn scowled, finally pulling his suitcase over the last stair. "You know, I don't even know why I liked you in the first place." Flynn said. "I mean, you're so-" Eve planted a kiss on his mouth, effectively shutting her partner up. Flynn blushed and smiled. "Alright you. Let's get going." he said.

"Jenkins! Fire up the back door!" said Flynn. "Yes sir." Jenkins replied, his neat suit and hair matching his mannerism.

The gang said their goodbyes, Eve hugging Cassandra, elbow-bumping Jacob, rustling Ezekiel's hair, and smiling warmly at Jenkins. Flynn, however, clasped Jenkins on the shoulder, stared disapprovingly at Ezekiel, shook Jacob's hand, and kissed Cassandra on the hand.

Jenkins started up the back door, the globe spinning to pinpoint Scotland. The door then burst open, emitting a sharp blue-green light. "Bye guys! And don't get into to much trouble Jones." Eve said. "You know I can't guarantee that but I'll try." Ezekiel responded. And with that Eve took one last look over her shoulder before clasping Flynn's hand in hers and jumping.

Flynn stumbled into what seemed to be the great room of a castle. Eve shot out after him, straight into her Librarian's arms. "I'm never gonna get used to that, am I?" she asked. Flynn lifted his hands up in a sign of acceptance.

"Where are we anyway?" Eve asked, looking around. Flynn looked around. "It seems that we are in a castle." Eve hit him in the stomach playfully. "That's not what I mean, Flynn." Flynn chuckled. "Well we're in a castle that's overlooking a lake and mountains, and the castle is made of cobblestone, so there's only a certain amount of castles that matches that description. This is clearly a tourist castle, so that leaves the Eilean Donan Castle in the Highlands, Scotland."

Eve scoffed. "You are a perfect Librarian, you know that? Anyone else would have just asked." Flynn grinned and picked up Eve like a baby. "Flynn!" she cried. "Put me down!" she finished, laughing. Flynn ignored her and carried her down a long winding path, which curved towards a simple white cottage about 800 feet from the castle. With some difficulty, Flynn grabbed the key from the lockbox and unlocked the door, finally setting Eve down.

The couple looked around, breathless, taking in their surroundings. Their cottage had five rooms; the living room, a master bath, a small kitchenette, a mud room, and the master bedroom. There was also a small porch overlooking the beautiful surroundings. Flynn set his stuff down and went to take a shower.

Eve wandered about the cottage for a while, all the time soaking in the beauty of Scotland. It was night time in Scotland, and Eve leaned against the porch railing looking at the pearly-white moon, its glow reflecting off the lake.

After a while, Eve felt arms around her waist and slow, sweet kisses trailing down her neck. "Are you ok?" Flynn asked softly. Eve shook her head. "Ok? Ok? I'm more than ok! Oh Flynn." the blonde turned and wrapped her arms around Flynn's neck. "It's perfect. I'm perfect." With that Eve pulled Flynn into a kiss, their mouths fitting together perfectly. And Flynn thought that this was indeed, the perfect vacation, because Eve was there with him.

A/N: Ok, I feel like I dragged this on a little to much but idk. Please let me know what you guys think of it.