Chapter 9 - Tis The Season

Start from the beginning

Lexie was now heading to find her friends. Other than wishing she had been allowed to find her own path here, she had spent most of the ride thinking. Thinking of how to turn this around, how to make it so she had the upper hand. Then it hit her. It was vital, for both of them, that they make whatever happened in front of the cameras look good. Even more so for him, it could kill his career. So, if she managed to engineer a situation, somehow, that meant she would get revenge for his actions, he would have no option but to make it look good for the camera. And to do that, she needed The Shield's help.

When she found them they were deep in conversation, each trying to figure out the next step.

"He's not going to stop, and Vince won't separate them." Dean said angrily.

"Well, we'll just have to stand by her, as much as she won't allow it, because if she stands alone she's going to get hurt." Roman added, shaking his head a little.

"Or, tonight we can dish a little of it back." Lexie said, making them turn. Next thing she knew she was enveloped tightly in a hug, which was followed by a light hearted telling off and never to scare them like that again.

"Ok, so now we've got that out the way, you've obviously got a plan. Care to spill it?" Seth asked.

"Of course. But first, I need you to kick the crap out of me live on TV." She said with a sinister smile, making the three men look at each other concerned before Roman said he was in.

It came as a surprise to Lexi, after a terse "You win, for now" from The Undertaker as she passed him in catering, that he was really going ahead with letting her have her own back. Although deep inside she knew it would have repercussions, but she was going ahead with it anyway. Then she would wait, and bide her time to make a break for freedom...somehow. It wasn't till after the first fight that night that her plan went in to action.

As she stood watching Dolph Ziggler celebrate a win, she was quickly accompanied by The Shield.

"Hi guys...listen...I'm sorry about last week, things didn't exactly go according to plan..." she said, before trailing off at the furious looks on the three's faces.

"No, no it didn't. It's funny, because since we sided with you, nothing has gone to plan, really, has it?" Dean said, in a harsh tone.

"That's hardly my fault." She retorted, aware now that the three had surrounded her. Roman's hand gripped a shoulder tightly.

"Except it is. Everything that's happened to us, has happened because of you. Every beat down, every bruise, every injury, and you got away unscathed for the most part." Seth said, as another of Roman's hand's gripped her other shoulder. She winced uncomfortably.

"Guys, come on now..." Lexie held up her hands, as if she hoped to protect herself somehow.

"See, we got to thinking...it's time we shared the punishment, right boys? If we suffer, so should you. After all, it's only fair." Roman added, and with that, they set upon her, knocking her to the ground and kicking at her, Dean got a particularly nasty boot in and made her nose bleed, before the three walked off laughing.

Later, The Undertaker was fighting Randy Orton. Randy waited out in the ring for The Undertaker as he readied himself backstage, Lexie with him.

"I hope you know what the fuck you are doing, Kid. That was nasty earlier, Dean could have broken your nose." He said, watching Randy on the monitor as he greeted the crowds.

"But he didn't. You either get the one up on you now, or leading to Wrestlemania. I don't think you fancy me doing what I'm about to do with keeping the streak on your mind, do you?" she replied, and Undertaker looked at her as she dabbed under her nose with a tissue.