"You sound like you need it," The boy said, winking. I blushed bright red. Moon had said earlier that he loved it when I blushed. I touched my cheek and blushed even redder. I sighed and walked over to the boy's table. "So what's your name madam?" The boy asked, getting up and pulling the chair out for me to sit on.

"Oh, a gentleman," I smiled. The boy sat back in his chair. "My name is Avan," he said. "Interesting name," I said teasingly. "My name is....Rose," I hesitated. I wasn't certain if he was good or bad. So I would just stick with the name Rose until I was certain what team he was on.

"Cool," He looked into my eyes. His violet eyes captivated me. I didn't know how a normal person's eyes could be that color. "Do you, um, wear contacts," I asked, suddenly shy. "Actually no," Avan said in his deep voice.

"Then how...?" 

"How 'bout a drink?" Avan interrupted me casually and winked. I blushed....again. Avan laughed. "Do you want soda or coffee?" He called over his shoulder. I wasn't conscious of my eyes getting big. "Soda...? Coffee....?" I shook my head in disbelief.

Who knew regular people could have so many food. In the forest the only thing that was on the menu was water, meat, and berries. Not really your dream meal, but ,eh, better than nothing. Avan laughed again. Not as silvery and smooth like Ace's laugh, but regular, deep. That was nice once in a while.

"Soda is flavored water that has bubbles in it," Avan struggled with the explanation. I laughed to myself. "That sounds good," I teased good-naturedly. "It really is," Avan raised his dark eyebrows. "Wanna try some?" He handed me a fizzing drink that looked like water but with...tiny soap bubbles in it.

I wrinkled my nose. "It's not so bad," Avan chuckled. I warily took a sip of the "soda" and swallowed. "Mmmm," I could almost feel my eyes light up. I took a deeper gulp and drained the soda in five seconds flat. I panted. "More...." I said. "Please?"

----------------------------------------------------------

After I had drank nearly ten glasses of the soda, Avan decided to take me to his house. "You look like you need a good shower, we can sneak you into my room through the window," He looked down at me. He was nearly four inches taller than me.

"Ok..." I followed him. He stopped at a bench with a sign next to it. "Is this your home?" I said incredulously. "No," He smiled. We sat on the bunch waiting for...something. I heard a sound, kinda like thunder. It came closer and closer. My eyes went wide and I hung to Avan's arm. "Relax, it's just the bus," He laughed.

"Oh..." I said, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear and biting my lip.

"What's a bus?" I asked blushing.

"You are really clueless, aren't you?" Avan smiled down at me.

"Well, yea," I laughed.

The bus thingy stopped right in front of the bench. Avan literally had to pick me up to get me into the huge monstrous looking thing with wheels.

A few moments, or minutes, later we were at a charming little house that was two-story. "Woah," I breathed. Avan smiled. "Over here," He ran to the side of the house and looked up at a window on the second floor.

"How are we gonna get up there?" I asked. "Well, you can fly, and I actually live here, so it'll work out," Avan said, winking. I smiled. Avan stood there watching me. "You first, milady," He beckoned to the window twenty feet up in the sky.

"Uh, fine," I rolls my eyes mockingly and spread out my wings. "Will the windows be big enough?" I asked. "I hope so," He replied. "Ok.." I flapped my wings and lifted up into the air. There was that free, beautiful feeling again. I felt I could go anywhere, I was invincible.

I reached the window and opened it quietly. I tucked my wings in and hauled myself into Avan's room. I looked down. "You coming up?" I called down. Avan smiled up, sheilding his eyes. "Yup," He turned to the door and walked torwards it.

I sat on his bed, looking around. The room was gray with black dressers and it had its own bathroom. "Nice," I walked into the bathroom. It was huge! It was the size of Avan's bedroom with three sinks, a nice walk-in shower, and a tub that looked five feet deep.

"Like it?" Avan emerged behind me, nearly knocking me over. I spun around. "Oh, yea," I laughed nervously. Avan looked at his watch. "I need to go to work," He said, running a hand through his hair. "Work?" I asked. "I work at a restaurant, I'm late right now," He sighed.

"You can take a shower or a bath while I'm gone, just don't go out of my bedroom. I have a TV and a computer to keep you occupied. I'll be back in an hour," He spilled out instructions. "Ok," I nodded. He walked out of the room and locked the door behind him.

I sighed and looked around the bathroom again. "Time to get clean," I sighed reluctantly.