i. Cast, Summary, & Epigraph

Kaya Scodelario...Effy McGill-Mac an Baird
A 16-year-old orphan Banshee girl living on the banks of Loch Ness trying to survive with a crazy bunch of siblings. Banshees have the power to control all seven elements life, death, light, earth, wind, fire, and water. Effy is the only banshee left in the world after they were all hunted down by Christian Missionaries trying to save the people from the 'Devil's Minions' which also included many other Celtic creatures such as the Ceasg, Kelpie, Dunnie, and more

 Effy is the only banshee left in the world after they were all hunted down by Christian Missionaries trying to save the people from the 'Devil's Minions' which also included many other Celtic creatures such as the Ceasg, Kelpie, Dunnie, and more

➰

Thousands of years ago, original Scottish settlers came from Africa, through Europe, and settled throughout the British Isles, becoming the British, Scots, and Irish, but there were already inhabitence of the land that they settled—supernatural.

For years the Celts, Gaels, other groups of people and the supernatural lived in harmony, always respecting each other's space. But that all changed when the Roman's came. They wiped out everything in their path, not afraid of ruining someone's entire lively hood.

Thousands of years later, Supernatural Creatures from the British Isles now walk amongst the regular human population, unknown to many governments. The orphans live at one place—St. Anne's Home for Gifted Children, hidden deep within the Scottish Highlands far from the sight of any tourists trying to find the Legendary Loch Ness Monster.

All Effy wants to do is live a normal life, but when the people you consider family are Fairies, Dragons, Kitsunes, Phoenixes, Dokkaebi (Korean Trickster Spirit), things aren't gonna be so normal, especially when a radical group of people called the Black Hand want all humans extinct and Supernatural Creatures to rule the world.

Maybe she loved mysteries so much, she became one.

Who really cares about us anyway? We're all fuck-ups.

A lonely existence can be worse than death itself. Think about that.

And she screamed so loud that it could be heard for kilometres.