Percy as a god

Annabeth: It had been a week since Percy was asked to be a god. He had accepted it and then stopped and thought for a bit. "What about Annabeth?" He had asked. I was crying on the floor. Percy had abandoned me. He actually abandoned me. Zeus had said "she will undergo a series of tests, proving if she is worthy." I didn't like tests. I always passed them but I hated the thought of failing. But being with Percy forever appealed to me. "I will tell him tonight, at the dance." I said to myself out loud. Snapping back to the present. There was a knock on the door. "Yes?" I asked. The door opened as Talia came in. Her dress was amazing; it was electric blue like her eyes, with lightning bolts printed across it. Her right arm had 8 bracelets on it, and the left had her watch that changed into her shield. She was leading Selina by the arm, who's dress was a bright red and she was wearing matching lipstick, her handbag was red and she was wearing exceptionally high heeled shoes that would've broke my ankles. Her eyelashes were coated with mascara. They looked stunning. Many people had survived the war, Thalia's boyfriend, Luke Castellan. Bettendorf. Many many people did. "We are here to help with your outfi- are you really going like that?" Thalia's giant smile turned to a grimace when she saw what I was wearing. "What's wrong with jeans and a T-shirt?" I asked innocently. "The gods are expecting you to dazzle them. Don't dress as a mortal!" Selina said as she clicked her fingers. "Ah of course. Mum, if you're listening I need a gorgeous dress, which has some gold rim a-" Annabeth felt warm heat around her. She had changed into a stunning dress, it was sky blue with gold-rimmed leaves lining the sleeves that hung like veils, the bottom was also rimmed with it and there was a necklace and earring to match it. "You look..." Selina begun. "BEAUTIFUL!" Thalia clasped her hands over her face. "Oh Percy will LOVE it!" She exclaimed. I turned to the mirror. My hair hung loosely down my shoulders, the dress outlined my curves and I actually looked... Feminine. "Thank you Aphrodite" I sighed. I never actually thought I would say those words in my life. My converse had changed to gold heels, only slightly angled, the way I liked it. Concealer was applied under my eyes to hide the bags, only memories of the nights I had cried myself to sleep, and I had a bit of blush on my cheeks to add color. "C'mon beauty queen. The party is about to start." Thalia and Selina both grabbed my hands, carrying me out the door.

I stepped through the front doors of Olympus, running to the food table. There was a giant chocolate fountain running different flavors through each pipe. Strawberry, vanilla, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, mint chocolate, caramel chocolate, cherry chocolate and many more. I dipped a strawberry in the milk chocolate and popped it in to my mouth. Delicious. I closed my eyes and smiled to myself. "Hey Annie" a voice said to me, a voice that was so calm yet forceful if need be, woke me to my senses. Percy. "H-hey Percy. You look smart." I said, noticing his jeans and shirt. He smiled. "I don't really care about the formal stuff." He muttered. "I know." Was all I could say back. "Listen I-" he started, his eyes pleading. He was so strong, I could see the muscles through his shirt, I could sense the power radiating off of me. "What did you even become a... God... Of?" I asked him, I wish he had stayed with me. At Camp Half-Blood. He chuckled. "The god of sass." There was a long silence. "Wait, you're serious?" I looked at him. "Seriously serious." He replied as he took my hand and led me out the door. My face was flushing. Through the back was a little secret garden; native plants glowed in the moonlight, dancing up and down. "The structure of this building is amazing." I gasped, taking it all in. He sat me down on a bench. "Annabeth I am so sorry. I wish I'd reconsidered about my life. I would give up god-hood for you any day. I was an idiot and I wasn't thinking straight. But now when you become a goddess we can be together for eternity." He smiled, his eyes sparkling, his teeth glittering and his cheeks red. "What if I don't get it? What if I can’t? Wh- what if I fail?" I look down at my shoes. "Annabeth you could never fail at anything. Ever. You will pass! There is a test of bravery, kindness, punishment, and a fatal flaw test. I don't know what they include but I know that these are the tests. I know you can pass them. I'm so very very sorry for getting you in this mess." He looked at me. "I'm not mad. I was just killing myself over you. I couldn't bare to be this far apart from you, it killed me inside." He put his hand on my chest right on my heart. I blushed and he smiled, then realizing what he did, he hastily moved it away. "I- I it wasn't like that!" He stumbled. "Shut up seaweed brain." I leaned in and kissed him. He hesitated before kissing me back, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me in. "Well... This place is taken." My eyes widened as Percy and I broke apart. He lunged in to the air and on to a stone, examining it. I saw Thalia and Luke giggling over us and making kissy gestures. My face flushed with anger and embarrassment. Luke's eyebrows were raised at Percy as into say "so proud of my Percy." Thalia grabbed his hand and led him away, still glancing behind her and giving the 'thumbs up' signal. Percy jumped down right beside me again. "Well... That was awkward." I looked at him and frowned slightly. He freaked out. "Don't DO that to me!" He looked at me. "Do what?" I asked back. "I can deal with monsters, gods, anything and then you look down at me for a second, I flip out! It's like I've disappointed you." He glanced down awkwardly. A little romantic part in me was thinking 'awwwww!' And the bigger part was yelling at it 'shut up!' I had these wars in my mind a lot, especially with Percy around. "Do you really think I can do it? Pass the test." I asked him, grabbing his hand. He took mine. "No I don't think so. I know so." He smiled, not a smirk or a normal smile, which he usually did, but a little shy smile that escaped his face when he said something romantic to me. 'AWWWWW!!!!' The little part in my head grew, overpowering every other thought. I lunged at Percy, pressing my lips against his. "If you believe in me then I'll try my best." I replied, pressing myself against him under the soft moonlight.

My fingers were trembling like crazy as I stood before the gods. Athena looked at me proudly, Percy did the thumbs up, Poseidon smiled reassuringly (much to Athena's dislike), and Aphrodite was summing me up. I stood there, one minute in jeans and a t-shirt, the next in a tank top and short skirt. "Aphrodite!" My mother exclaimed, Percy's eyes flashed open. Then Aphrodite changed me back, my face was still flushing. "Are you sure you don't want that skirt darling?" "No thank you." I mumbled, trying to be polite as I could. Zeus cleared his throat "Anyway... I have looked in to your past, examining the things you have done and measuring them up." He stopped, the hairs on the back of my neck prickled. Percy risked a glance at Zeus. "They all seem to be in order. I have decided to make you a goddess, do you accept?" I stood there "y-yes!" I stammered. Cursing myself for it. "You will be the goddess of fantasy, books, you will help writers discover their inner potential and help them accomplish what they want to achieve when they are about to give up. You will be known for hiding many secrets but being read like an open book, you have many feelings. Romance-" I gave Percy a quick look. "Knowledge, happiness, sorrow, grief, magic, that sort of thing." He continued up. I felt a glow radiate around me. "Oh thank you Zeus, I, Annabeth Chase, former mortal, daughter of Athena, accept this vow and pledge my life to it." I finished up. I'm not sure how I knew how to say that, but a light burst through from my chest and encased me in a web of golden silk. It wrapped around me until I couldn't breathe, then broke free. I fell forward into Percy's arms. "You did it Annie" he exclaimed, tears falling down his eyes as he rested his head on me. "Awwww" Aphrodite wooed. I blushed. "However... There is one thing. You will be on a quest, for most of your life. You will still go to Camp Half-Blood, doing other quests. You will keep an eye on the mortal world and help out any way you can. You will be invincible, yes. And you shall walk the earth together, coming up to Olympus any time you want." Zeus ordered. "Thank you. Oh thank you so much!" I bent my head towards him. He dismissed us with a wave of his hands. Athena walked over to Percy. "I can see that you are good for my daughter. Don't disappoint me." She said, eyeing Percy and smiling. "When did my mother start liking you?" I turned and asked him as we walked out the doors together, hand in hand. "Oh. Well I pulled a few all-nighters studying how to please the gods. And it won her over." He sniffed. "Y-you did that for me?" My eyes were wide. I grabbed his hand the slightest bit harder. "Yes. I love you that much I studied. I have never studied before in my life!" He laughed and I joined in.

When we got to Camp Half-Blood we were greeted with cheers and shouts. A lot of hugs and conversations were involved. Percy told Chiron everything that had happened, with me filling out the parts he left out. Dionysus scoffed. "Well, Perry and Annabelle don't think that because you have become a god and a goddess I will like you." "Oh I don't want you to like me. Even though I am quite... Dazzling!" He said, striking the most ridiculous pose. I laughed and Dionysus's mouth twitched up ever so slightly. "D-did you see that?!" Percy pointed at Dionysius's mouth. He quickly changed it into a frown. "See what? Now go to your cabins before I drown you in wine." He huffed, sending us off with a wave of his hand. "It feels good to be home." Percy said. "It feels better around here with you, much more..." "Sassy?" "I was going to say 'pleasant'." I smirked. Percy pouted.

Later that night I woke up, my heart pounded. I remembered the nightmare, Percy slipping away from me, my hand unable to grasp him. He went off to a different camp, a girl with black hair and roman armor asking him to join the legion. I was cut off by disturbing visions, a face made out of dirt. I couldn’t take it any more. I scurried out of bed and knocked on Percy's door. He opened it, his hair wildly all over the place. "Annabeth, what's wrong?" He whispered as he greeted me in a hug. I sobbed into his shirt, placing my hands around him. I couldn't tell him my vision- no. It was a nightmare. Only a nightmare and that was it. He carried me into his bed and snuggled up against me, I rested my head on his chest as I finally fell asleep. His fingers entwined in mine.

And then later he was gone.

(Then it continues on to The heroes of Olympus series. Hope you enjoyed it!)