The World's A Stage

The same New Year's Day, Nathan prepares for his stand-up routine at a local club. Despite the holiday, Nate still decides to work that day because he could use the money. Celine had left a few hours earlier while Nathan was still asleep so that she may visit her parents for a few about a week. Nathan arrives at the club as sees an even smaller turn out. Immediately, Nathan spoke up and the crowd of no more than ten people exploded with laughter. Heads rolled with every punchline. Tears flooded their eyes with every statement. Jaws cramped from every [something]. 

Nathan had become an overnight hit. Encore after encore, the audience loved every single moment of his performance. For the rest of the week, Nathan was asked to come back and with every day he returned, his audience grew exponentially. Tickets had sold out night after night. He was beloved by many and for his final perfomance of the week he was even asked to move to a much larger stadium able to accomodate the hoard of fans for. Within the week, Nathan was able to take home more money than he knew how to carry - not only were ticket sales showing him a better life, he had been booked and paid by dozens of other clubs. 

Now that Nathan had been flushed with money over the past week, he decided to go out to buy Celine an engagement ring to surprise her for when she returns. 

Much later in the night, Celine returns home with Nate nowhere to be found. "Nate! Where are you honey?"

"I'm in the bedroom! I want to show you something!" yelled Nate to Celine. Celine burst out in laughter as she strolled towards the bedroom. A minute later, she walks into the bedroom to find the room illuminated by candles that surround the room. Red rose petals carpeted the floor as Nathan remained on one knee with his arm strecthed out with a ring in hand and a smile engraved on his face. 

Celine gasped at the site of it all then said, "Nate!"

Immediately, Nathan said with a soothing tone, "Celine, we've been together for 2 years now. I've loved you more and more everday ever since then. And now, I want to take it another step further with you. My love, will you marry me?"

Celine exploded with laughter as she lost all control at keeping it hidden. Her eyes began to water, He sides began to hurt, her cheeks grew sore. She had to often catch her breath because she was laughing so much. Nathan's smile evaporated awayas he slowly lowered his arm. "Well if that's how you feel then a simple no would've been just as effective," responded Nathan to Celine's laughter. 

"No, no, no," replied Celine with laughter still possessing her, "I will. I do. I'll marry you!" Nathan's grin grew once more and he lifted Celine into the air as he hugged her. Celine wanted to ask Nate how he came into the money necessary for the ring, but she was overcome with laughter. 

A few days passed and the news had spread throughout both their family. Everyone was elated to hear the wonderous news. 

The Greatest Comedianजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें