Chapter One

Kayla's Pov
I wake in the morning laying on Alec's bare chest in our shared bed, in our shared bedroom. I look up to see that he is still asleep. He has his arms wrapped secure around my waist. I began to trace the runes all over his chest, arms, and the side of his neck.

I look up at him again and his eyes start to flutter open. Once fully awake he looks down at me and smiles, I smile back at him.

He pulls me in closer and places a kiss on my forehead.

"Good morning babe" he says
"Morning"

I peck his check and pull the covers off of me and go to the bathroom. I began to brush my teeth when Alec wakes in and grabs his doing the same.

I walk out of the bathroom going to the closet. I take off a old shirt of Alec's I wore to bed. I put on a mini skirt that was leather and black along with a black leather crop top and heels.

(A/N: she dresses similar to Isabelle but doesn't show off her body as often or as much. This outfit is exactly like Izzy's in the first episode except black.)

After getting dressed I brush my hair and then go over to my night stand grabbing my stele putting it in my secret pocket in the skirt.

As soon as I got done putting it in my pocket Alec comes out of the bathroom. He went to the closet and stripped off his shirt. I couldn't help but stare at his perfect body with his abs and runes. I guess I got caught staring because he said a smart remark like he always would.

"Like what you see"

I blushed and smirked, I started walking over to him. When I got in front of him he grabbed me by my hips pulling me to him.

"How can I not" I say with are bodies very close and touching. Our faces only with a little bit of space in between them.

Alec smirks and then smashes his lips onto mine. He grabs my hips squeezing but not to hard to leave a bruise. He wouldn't ever do that. I was pulling slightly at the hair on the back of his neck.

I pulled away not letting the kiss or mini make out session get to far. We had a mission today and we couldn't get distracted.

"Put your clothes on and then meet me and the others at the board." I say chuckling. I kiss him shortly once more before leaving.

I head to the map board where I knew my brother and Isabelle, my parabatai would be. I got there and they greeted me.

"Where is Alec?" Jace questioned

"Well why do you think he would be late" Isabelle say with a smirk and chuckle

"Ew shut up Izzy I don't wanna think about that" My brother said

"Nothing happened we woke up a little bit late and I finished getting dressed a little bit before him" I say defending myself.

Just as I got done defending myself and Alec, Alec showed up.

"You guys ready, we need to find this downworlder" Alec says

"And find out why they are selling mundane blood" I say, me and Alec always make a great team even if Jace is his parabatai.

Izzy pulls up the imagine of the demon shapeshifter.

"This is what our target looks like for now we need to get a move on before it changes again" Jace says

Alec pulls out the weapons and all of us grab blades for this mission. I put on the platinum blond wig Izzy gave me.

One the way there Alec stayed close to me. Whenever on a mission together he always is, in fear of me getting hurt. Every time I go on a solo mission or with someone else other then them he always tells me to be careful. Sometimes if it's real dangerous he tries to come with.

While going to the club area where the demon is Alec bends down whispering something in my ear.

"You look good with blonde hair. Maybe you should die it that color." Afterwards he has that famous smirk on his face

"You wish, but focus Alec we are on a mission we can't get distracted"

"This is why we make a great team. You are focused and don't get distracted." He says

Soon we arrive close to the club they are at. Me and Izzy spot out on top of the buildings while the boys blend in with the mundanes on the street.

We spotted the demon shapeshifter and me and Izzy jumped down from the building tops. We walked along with the boys following it, walking towards a club.

As we were walking I noticed that Jace wasn't there anymore. I turned my head noticing he was talking to this red head girl.

How could she see him? She was a mundane

I shook it off still walking with Alec and Izzy following the demon. I knew Jace could take care of himself.

When we walk in the club I noticed Jace had caught up with us. We continued following the demon until we were in a private VIP room.

"Izzy, Kayla" Jace said

Me and Izzy looked at one another and smirked. We took off our coats showing off our outfits. We got up into tables and started dancing to the beat of the music blasting.

While doing this Jace stood behind the head demon talking to it. With Alec standing near ready to jump in.

After Jace talked to the demon the fighting started to break out. Me and Izzy got down pulling out our blades. As well as Alec and Jace did.

Each one of us took on at least two demons if not more. While fighting I noticed the red head Jace was talking to was in the room. She stood there just staring at what was happening.

I looked over making sure Alec was okay and I heard Jace say his name and he threw his blade to him. I keep doing tricks I've learned over the years with my blade killing the demons that I was fighting.

I saw that Alec was still fighting some as well as Jace and Izzy was too. I decided to go help Alec and Izzy since they were right next to each other.

Just as Jace caught the demon off guard and was about to stab it, the red headed girl screamed.

"Watch out!" She said screaming while jumping in front of Jace and pushing the demon out of the way.

It was clear the girl had no clue in what the hell she was doing, or what was going on. There's no way she could be a Shadow Hunter.

In the process of all that Jace's blade was knocked out of his hand. He was now fighting the demon hand on hand combat.

I saw the girl pick up the blade. Very much to my surprise the blade lit up. Meaning only one thing was possible.

Jace had pushed the demon back and it fall onto the blade. The demon had disappeared and evaporated into the air.

The girl stood there with this shocked look on her face. It looked as if she was ready to break down at any point in time. She dropped the blade speed walking past everyone and out into the crowd.

After that we still had to continue fighting off some demons until we either killed them or they disappeared running away.

Well this mission didn't go as planned.

"Well great this mission was a fail. We didn't even find out why they were selling mundane blood." Alec stated and I rested my hand on his shudder in a attempt to calm him some.

Who the hell was that girl? Why did she look so familiar?

(A/n: so in honor of season 2 premiering tonight I decided to write and publish my first chapter of this book. Hope you enjoy. I can't wait to see the new episode)