Chapter Eighteen: A Correct Suspicion And One Surprising Entrance

Start from the beginning

Kya: "Alright. We can do that and maybe get some lunch." I smile. What an exccelent idea.

You: "Alright... I'll be watching the new benders train so come get me when you're ready." She nods at me before turning and going inside.

I walk too my room so I can grab my armor. The breastplate is badly cracked and dented... I hope they can fix it. After I have it I head towards where the air benders are training. I walk into the area and I immediately see Olivia, Daw, and that man from before. I sit down on a bench and watch their fluid movements. However that man from before... His movements seem more precise... Like he's done this before... Before I can go talk to him however Kya fetches me... I stare at the man for a moment and then leave with Kya. We take a boat to get to the docks of republic city... Not much has changed. There are still vines about but other than that people are just doing what they normally did. We both agree that we should drop off my armor first. Once we arrive at the smithy we open the door and the heat wave hits us immediately... She leans on a wall while I go ring the bell on the counter. The interior is very simple. There aren't even chairs in here which makes since I guess. You either drop something off and leave or pick something up and leave. The walls are red with some different swords and plates sitting on the walls. There is a single shelf with what seems like an award for something. It reads. 'For fine craftsmanship, Allastair.' When I do this here a woman call out one moment. Another minute later a rather tall woman with short black hair, and sky blue eyes walks out. She looks to be about six feet tall. She's... Nineteen. Maybe this is her parent's establishment then. I'm actually two inches shorter than her. Heh. I smile.

Sarah: "I'm Sarah. What can I do for you today?" She asks while offering a handshake. I take it, shake her hand and smile politely.

You: "I'm (M/n), a pleasure." I said as I let her hand go. "And I need some armor repaired." She smiles and nods. I place the cracked chest piece on the counter. She picks it up and investigates it closely. She slowly turns the armor around in her grasp until she comes across the big dents and cracks. She grabs what looks like a magnifying glass but... Different in a way and brings it to her eye. After about ten minutes of this she looks at me and smiles.

Sarah: "I can fix this no problem. Whoever designed this armor made sure it's integrity had fail safes of sorts. How'd it get damaged if you don't mind me asking?" She asked very politely. I chuckle.

You: "I helped the Avatar fight Vaatu. He hit me with a tendril. Then an Ice boulder plowed into the same side and finally a beam of some sort Vaatu fired hit me again." Her eyes went slightly wide. Yeah crazy I came out as okay as I did. Probably thanks to the armor.

Sarah: "Wow... This armor is pretty resilient then." I simply nod. She writes a few things down before speaking again. "I have to finish this ceremonial sword I'm working on for the President but I should have this repaired in say... Four to Six Hours. Simply because I have to finish the sword first. Before you ask I am a fire bender and my apprentice is an earth bender... That's why it won't take to long." I simply nod at her. Understandable.

You: "Nice combination for this business." She smiles at that. "No problem on the time. I'll be back by then... How much will it cost?" I ask her. I hope it's not too much.

Sarah: "You helped the Avatar stop Vaatu from killing everyone so... I can give you a sizable discount." I smile at that. People have been treating me... Nicely since that happened... It feels strange but not an unwelcome kind of strange. She hands me a paper. 50 eh? Not bad. I look at her and smile again.

You: "Thanks Sarah. It may be rude but how old are you?" I ask sounding as nice as I can. She smiles at me. I guess she gets that allot.

Sarah: "Nineteen. My father trained me in this practice since I was old enough to hold a hammer. This was his business but he has issues moving the joints in his fingers now, so I took over." I'm kinda surprised at that. Sure I was trained in combat at a young age but this is different.