Chapter 2: Do YOU have Manners?!

Depuis le début

"We were able to pinpoint the location by your Ether," The man continued. "And sent many people after you. Since you were a Child Blessed by Gods, we had to get you at all cost. You weren't the only Child Blessed by Gods who was trapped in an Ether Outbreak. But you are the first one we were able to retrieve alive."

The first to be alive? The rest all died? How many times did they do that and failed? I bit my lips in angst.

"About fifty of our personals has already fell victims to those two monsters. The two monsters were very determined not to let you know the truth. The Detention Room, of course, was not what it seemed to be..."

Fifty people died because of me. Not only that I have to know that my memory was a lie, but I have to hold the guilt that 50 people died for me.

All because I was a Child Blessed by Gods they had to save me?! Why couldn't you just let me off to die! Those people could have been saved if you just abandoned me!

I slammed my fist against the bed, clenching it tightly.

"It had to be done." He said, as if he read my mind.

"Ookami has gained injuries from that room, due to being a discrepancy in the world."

Ookami.

The blood on his body. He was bleeding massively. He protected me. I grabbed onto the man's arm. My body still pained, but Ookami's injuries must be worse than mine.

"What happened to Ookami?! Is he..." I cried out worriedly, forgetting my anger.

"He is in the room next door." The man chuckled. "He's not in dangerous condition. But compared to you, he still have a large potent of the poison casted by Rena."

He saved me from that world that the monsters trapped me in. What would have happened if I didn't notice the signs? Would I be still living? Or would I have been dead just like then? I can't think anymore... All of these news were coming at a rapid pacing that I can't keep up anymore.

"Ah, I see the reports were true. You have an Athena. More specifically, Athena, the Fire of Grace. It's a very rare monsters from the spawn pool." He tapped his head, the exact location where my hairclip was on my head.

"Monsters appears as accessory items, allowing you take it around everywhere in this advancing society. But it's very fragile to outside influences. We usually keep it in our phones, where it's safe. Usually Lancers would hold Athena, Fire of Grace. Of course, it still depends on the gear and class you are." He explained.

"Phones?"

"The society is changing, my dear!" He replied dramatically. "There's no point of following fairytales-like traditions! As society evolves in technology, we have to evolve too! It's very convenient. As long the original source is not affected, which is our phones, the armor and monster will regenerate no matter what!"

He clasped my hands suddenly, looking straight at me. With his grey stormy eyes looking into mine, I felt frightened by his gaze.

"Yui, this might be hard for you... But do you remember anything the day when you were trapped in the outbreak?"

My mind was blank. Trying to think, the only memories that popped up was my mother and I. Then to my life of being ostracized. Giving him a shake of my head, he put his hand against his chin.

"Then how about the years before then? Do you remember what your father looked like?" He pushed.

I tensed up, gritting my teeth.

The years before then... I don't want to remember my own father! He deserves to die, after all this time!

-----------------------------