--0--

"How is she, doctor?" Rk asked once the doctor walked out of the operation room after what felt like an eternity.

"You must be knowing" Dr. Mehra said with a smirk. "First time in my 35 years of experience being a doctor, I am seeing someone very confident & reassuring that nothing will happen to his beloved... generally people used to hurl us, doctors, with their questions and hue and cry, flooding the hospital with tears and we give our standard "Trust in god" reassurance... but you are totally in control... so cool & confident..."

"Just tell me she is fine!" Rk snapped at the doctor, impatiently. He wasn't in the mood to hear his praises. He seemed so calm & control but that wasn't true. He was actually shitting bricks in the fear of losing his beloved wife. Though he was highly confident she will survive because he knew where he shot her will not be harmful to her life, he couldn't help but worry as his poor wife was so weak physically & the amount of blood she had lost will make things even difficult for her to heal.

"She is fine. We have given her strong drugs & knocked her to sleep so that she will get proper rest & won't find much pain when she wakes up."

"How long time will it take for her to come around?" Rk asked, he wanted to see her beautiful eyes staring back at him with so much love. He wanted to hear her sweet voice. He wanted to kiss away her pain.

"Tomorrow, possibly. She will need at least 12-16 hours of rest."

"Hmm..."

"Oh and..." Dr. Mehra hesitated.

"What's it? What's wrong?" Rk asked frantically seeing the worried look pass on the doctors face.

"Her right hand has gone numb... its partially paralyzed. She will be needing a physiotherapist who will help in functioning her hand till then she will be having difficulty in moving her right hand. You please take care of her" Dr. Mehra advised him.

"I will." Rk nodded his head & closed his eyes to hide his pain. He did this to her, to his wife but then he didn't have any other option to save her life. If he hadn't shot her he was so sure she would be dead by now. He sighed. "Can I go see her?" Rk asked.

Sure but once she gets shifted to the private ward."

"Okay" Rk nodded.

--0--

Rk slowly walked in to the room, nearer to Madhu's bed & sat on the edge of her bed, taking her hand in his.

"I'm sorry, biwi... I'm sorry." he whispered holding her left hand closer to his right cheek.

"If I had known this is what going to happen to you then I wouldn't have woken up you this morning. I would have kept you safely in my arms."

He kept her left hand back on the bed & took her right hand which was cold unlike her warm left hand. He kissed the palm of her right hand & then kissed her fingers one by one.

Then he slowly accessed her body. She had bruises in her hands & legs. Few scrapes on her pretty face. "God! She must be aching everywhere. I don't know how I will see her tomorrow when she wakes up. Will she cry in pain? Obviously! Rishab just reminded himself not to tell her to stop crying. If she was in pain which was obvious then she can cry. He wont stop her. He decided. And also Rishab, be gentle with her & soothe her pain. Don't show your rough & tough side to her. Throw your cold police nature out & be her loving husband!" Rishab mentally prepared himself on how to treat his wife.

"Oh and mainly don't scream at her for her recklessness. You will discuss about the incident only when she gets fully recovered" Rishab vowed to himself not to bring the gory topic which lead her to this place.