Chapter 2: How the Ghost found the Cat (Does the Ghost find the Cat a Friend?)

Start from the beginning

I took a lane seat, sitting in the front, so I couldn't observe any students Just to see the new students, and other students in other classes.

So I was pretty sad. Sad and bored. Shuuya is probably listening to the assembly like a good kid. Pfft, wish I could do that.

After what seemed like decades, wait no, thousands of years, the Principal dismissed us to go to our classes, or homerooms. That means trying to go through the the twisting halls. Great, just great!

Everyone was filing out, so I just went with the flow. Though I did look back once, and saw Shuuya talking with his supposed friends again. They seem to be coming soon, since they're standing, so I started to follow the crowd, hoping at least one person was going to 2-B's homeroom.

---

Huh, somehow Shuuya and his friends beat me, no surprise really. This makes me the fourth one in. That's good, I don't really want anyone to talk to me at the moment.

I then try to find my desk, which turns out to be by Shuuya Kano's, or what I used to call him, Cat. Hm, this should be an exciting day.

I notice Shuuya going towards the bookshelves, so I follow, not like he'd see me anyways, right?

After a minute, he turned around, and jumped back, shocked. Could he see me?

"My~ What a pretty young lady we have here! Can I know your name?" He asked me, and shocked that he could see me, I hid behind a column/pillar type thing, I don't really know what the heck it is, but it was good at hiding me. I shyly stuck my head out.

Since I don't usually talk to people, as you know, I strained my voice to make it sound shy. Gosh, I sound so girly. Anyways, I said in that voice, "Tsu-Tsubomi Kido..."

He looked daze, but broke out of it, so he took a second to reply. "Huh? What was that ? I wasn't really listening."

Okay...this guy is starting to tick me off. "Do I really need to repeat myself?" I asked in my normal voice, walking out from behind the pillar column thing.

I tried to settle my voice down, "Tsubomi Kido..."

"Ah~ Such a pretty name for a pretty young lady~" He bows for whatever reason. "I am Shuuya Kano, pleasure to make your acquaintance. I assume we're around the same age, no?"

"...and that matters why?" I asked, genuinely confused. Gosh, I was stupid...

He just smiles, "I want to be your friend."

"M-Me?" I asked in shock. Most people don't ask to be my friend, they just talk to me. Not even an introduction. I usually ignore them.

He took a long time to respond, and I guess he was observing me. That's kind of creepy...

"Well, are you going to answer my question?" I asked, still trying to keep my shy voice.

"A-Ah, sorry!" Shuuya stuttered, "Just admiring how adorable you look, sorry. Yes~ I'd love to be your friend!"  He smiled after he said that.

This was the first time anyone complimented me, and tried to be my friend. My reaction probably wasn't the prettiest either. So I just sigh, trying not to glare to the best of my ability.

"Idiot," I mumbled under my breathe, hoping he didn't hear. Since he probably thinks a lady shouldn't use these words or something stupid like that.

"I am one, I know!"

"I-Eh-Uh... Of course I didn't mean YOU, silly! I was implying something my sister did. I said idiotic, not idiot!" I said in return, trying my best not to force a laugh. That would sound plan weird. Looking back at this scene, I realized I'm one heck of a good liar.