Rosaleen

~Rosaleen POV~

Seeing him leave made me cry. Here I am, a baby but was a bit advanced than normal human children. I could speak a couple sentences but was much faster learner.

The man gave me comfort, kinda like a friend would but his skin feel so cold and hard? I have never met any human being with skin to cold and pale. I almost thought that maybe he never came out of his house or got any sunlight.

I don't know why I even care it's not like we knew each other but he made me feel protected, he made all my worries go away, but it doesn't matter I'm probably never gonna see him again.

~5 years later~

I'm 5 years old now, my mother and father told me that they are different from everybody else. My mother a witch and my father, a warlock and as a result, I too am witch. Which explained why I always felt different form other children and remember things they can't from early childhood.

I remember him. His piercing blue eyes, and golden blonde curly hair but that's all I can remember. I don't remember much of his face but he seemed like a gentle yet dark soul. Anyway, I noticed how different the towns people acted around my family and I. Whenever we came into town, they would avoid us and stare while mumbling about how we're the "Devil's children".

My father had explained that whenever people were mean to us, bad things would happen to them, but when people were good to us then they would be blessed with good fortune. So far, I only know that it's my family and I who are different. I was playing in the garden when I felt someone staring at me. My head turned to the right and I saw that it was a man wearing a white shirt, blue jacket, hair in a ponytail, and black shoes.

Somethings telling me I should remember him but I can't put my finger on it. He looked at me like he was confused then he saw my necklace a smile played on his lips, seeing him happy made me smile. I decided to be friendly and waved at him, he waved back. I decided to talk to him, so I got up and walked over to where he was standing.

As soon as I approached the stranger, I looked up at the man (because he was so tall) he looked down at me. I smiled up at him "hello" I said innocently. "Hello, little one, what is your name?" he asked getting on one knee to match my height. "Rosaleen Angelina Miller" I answered him, he nodded his head "beautiful name" he complimented. "Thank you" I say, proudly.

"How old are you Rosaleen?" he asked. Man, he is just full of questions isn't he, but I don't mind them. "I'm 5 years old" he raised his eyebrows, "you speak very well for a 5 year old" he said amazed. "Thank you very much" I say politely, he looked at me in wonder then spoke French in his mind (beau). Aww, he said I was beautiful.

What he didn't know was that I spoke both French & Spanish, see my mother came is French and my father is Mexican. "Merci" (thank you) he looked at me shocked "I speak both French and Spanish" I explained. "How did you know what I was thinking?" he asked but I was conflicted about telling him. "You'll call me a monster if I tell you" I said looking down but he lifted my chin up with his finger so I was looking into those silver blue eyes of his, his face was full of comfort.

"I would never call you a monster, I promise" and with that I told him my secret, "I'm a witch and so is my mama and papa". He gave me a lip smiled, he was about to say something but I beat him to it. "What is your name monsieur?" I said with my accent "Lestat de Lioncourt" I borrowed my eyebrows at his name. "Your name sounds familiar and you remind me of someone I met long ago" I said with a slight shake of my head.

My mothers voice filled the air "Rosaleen, qui sur terre tu parles trop!?" (Rosaleen, who on earth are you talking too!?). I turned to my house "pas une seule mere une minutes!" (no one mother, one minute!) I turned around to Lestat and hugged him goodbye. He instantly hugged back then I broke away and kissed his cheek. "Au" revoir monsieur!" I said letting my accent take over then ran back to my house, I felt his gaze on my back all the way there. I quickly ran to get my mother her flowers then ran inside my home.

"Bonjour, darling" mother greeted me wrapping one arm around me, due to the fact that she was cooking dinner (Bonjour: hello) "Bonjour mother, I picked these for you" I said holding the flowers up to her. "Aren't they beautiful?" she stopped and let go of the spoon she was using for mash potatoes, "they are beautiful but not as beautiful you, my sweet" she said causing me to blushed at her words. She noticed this and giggled while placing the flowers in a vase full of water, my mother was such a beautiful women and I always admired her beauty.

My father came in the dinning room and saw me he ran over and picked me up "hola hermoso" (hello beautiful) "hola papi" (hello dad). He put me down and we joked around for a bit but our finesse golfed when mother had finished making dinner. We sat down and said prayers then started eating. "Honey, who was that man you were talking too?" Mother questioned. I didn't see it but I knew that my father had stopped eating to looked at me. I looked up from my dinner and met both their gazes then turned to mother "Lestat" I answered, knowing I was in trouble. "Honey, what have we told you about stranger danger?" I looked down "I'm sorry, I won't do it again just don't punish me".

My father was next to speak "we won't this time, just be careful, we love you and just don't want anything bad to happen to you" he said sincerely.  Thank Jesus I'm not in trouble but I understood that they both wanted me to be safe. They smiled at me then mother took our plates, taking them over to the sink, and washed them.

I got up and kissed mother and father on the cheek "good night, love you both!" I turned and ran upstairs to my room as my parents called out that they loved me too. I closed my door and climbed in bed about to close my curtains, when my eyes landed on Lestat, who was standing by the edge of the woods looking up at my window. I simply waved to him and closed my curtains, then covered myself in my blankets and let sleep over take me.