Sneak Outs and Birthdays

"An idiot is trying to reach your cellular device, an idiot is trying to reach your cellular device..." my phone ranted. I tried to ignore it but curiosity took over me.

"Ughhh," I groaned to myself and got out of bed. I winced slightly as my feet touched the cold surface of the apartment. Shuffling across my room, I rubbed my grubby eyes to make my vision clear. Sighing, I opened my phone and sure enough it was my best friend Ashleigh. Complaining to myself, I got all my energy ready to scream senseless at her.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT OLD HAG?!" I raised my voice, but then realised that if mom or dad caught me I would me more toast than burned toast.

"Hello to you too,  now listen up I need you to call the girls because we're going to the new waterpark," she said.

"I will throw eggs and broccoli at you, cover you in flour, and make you so fat that your belly button will have echoes you bastard!" I said as my blood boiling anger just rised by every millisecond. If this is her excuse for waking me up from my sleep, then I would openly volunteer to help strangle her to death right this second.

"It's Zachary's surprise birthday party, come on, please," she said like she wasn't even surprised by my sudden outburst.

"Ashleighhhhh,that's so stupid, " I groaned and whined to myself. Who keeps a surprise brithday for their brother at two in the morning? Ashleigh Rydra Castero that's who. I thought the whole thing through, and considering the pros outweighed the cons, I concluded to sneak out. This wouldn't be my first time sneaking out, but every single atom of mine still shakes when I do. My mother is a very, very, very, very strict person, I don't even want to think about what she would do if she found out that I was doing this. I hastily packed my bag and filled it with all the essentials, being extra careful to be extra quiet.

I wore a sweater with some old jeans, creating a casual look. Slipping into my socks, I thought about how Mazz and Robyn would react to this. I smirked smugly. A giggle even escaped my mouth. I wore my shoes and with shaking hands, slid open the door and got out of the house. Guilt. Guilt was slowly spreading through my whole body, like poison.

I shouldn't have done this. This is dangerous. God, I'm turning into mom. Various thoughts escaped my mind before finally reaching my car. I had just recently gotten my licence, it was like a birthday gift because I received it on my sixteenth birthday. As my hands came in contact with the smooth steering wheel, I took a deep breath. This was only the third time I took the car out, this way scary. I brushed off the terrifying thoughts with a simple shake of my head.

'This is all Ashleigh's fault' I thought

as the cool breeze of the night hit my face gently. I breathed in the air, ah the smell of fresh cut grass and tobaco. Not really a fan of the second one but I can compromise. I pulled up to Mazz's and Robyn's street and called them. Oh this was going to be one good show.