Kibō no Sōru

(A/N IDK who drew this ^ but this fanfic is based off this image and what's going on

(A/N IDK who drew this ^ but this fanfic is based off this image and what's going on. Short explanation- Imma try to continue the picture...With words Btw L is my baby ╰(◡‿◡✿╰) So, Im only gonna say this once.. I DO NOT OWN DEATHNOTE! No matter how much I beg They wont budge! So I doubt ill ever own Deathnote)

No Ones P.O.V

When we first heard them, the fireworks. L, who was deathly afraid of thunder yelped loudly and fell off his swirly desk chair, bringing the poor unsuspecting Light Yagami with him. Light, who has dealt with this situation many times just sighed and went over the the younger detective who was trembling in the fetal position. "Hey Ryuzaki calm down it's just fireworks." Light said using a voice he reserved just for dealing with frightened children, or in many cases, dealing with a frightened L.

   L, who hasn't been in japan for long, wasn't suspecting the loud booming of his beloved fireworks on any other day but July 4th. It really saddened him when he found out that they didn't celebrate Americas birthday.Well he didn't really expect them too, it just was really hard to break out of his celebratory mood when the 4th rolled around. L heard Lights soft voice explaining to him that, no it wasn't the dreaded thunder that made him tremble like a little child that was scared of the monsters under the bed. But L hasn't fear the so called monsters that lived under his bed since his parents was alive. He stopped fearing the monsters under his bed when he realized that they were in his head.

  It took L a good few seconds before he actually registered what Light was saying and when he did, a visible blush spread across his milky white cheeks. L heard the boom again as he moved from the childish position he was sitting in a few moments ago to his chair. "H-hey Light-kun why are there fireworks going on? What's the occasion?" L asked with a bit of confusion evident in his usually emotionless voice. (A/N I have no idea about any true Japanese festivals so I'm just gonna create one..I attempted to look them up but it was so much effort (TT^TT)  I really did try. But it was confusing Af) "Oh you must mean the 'Kibō no Sōru' Festival. It means 'Hopeful Soul', though I know you know that. This festival is nicknamed 'The Sōru Festival'. It's a small festival to celebrate your hope for the future. Lots of people dress up in yukatas and kimonos and go dancing and play games and eat great food." Light explained to the really interested Ryuzaki. 'Maybe I should take the kid, I know he's a world renown  detective and all, but he is still only 18. There are so many things he should experience..Okay that settles that, I will take him to see the Kibō no Sōru.' Light thought to himself as he walked over to the hardworking Matsuda. (A/N Matsuda is literally 2 steps away from L. That darn chain heheh)

  "Matsuda are we still at a standstill in the Kira case?" Light asked, hoping that nothing importent was happening in the case. Matsuda sighed and over dramatically threw up the papers he was holding in frustration. "Nope! Nada! Nothin! We are still at a complete standstill!" Matsuda yelled at Light who just sighed and whispered in his ear, "Hey Matsuda, I really think Ryuzaki should get to go to The Sōru Festival. And since we all need a break from the case," Light paused for a second, motioning to the dozen of papers that scattered the floor of the investigation headquarters before continuing in a soft voice, "We should take him to the festival. I know he acts like an grown adult, but he still is a child. And every child needs some amusement at least once in a while if you want to keep their attention focused in one place."