Chapter 10: The Game of Shadows

Comenzar desde el principio

"Um. What are we doing here?" she asked looking around.

"I wonder what people do at movie theaters," Draco replied, pretending to think hard. "I don’t know, maybe watch a movie?"

Hermione slapped Draco’s shoulder with her clutch. "I know that. But what are we doing here?"

"Merlin’s beard! For the brightest witch of the decade, you are quite dull sometimes," Draco commented, earning him another smack with the clutch. "We are here to watch a movie. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows to be precise."

"Have you even watched the first one?"

"Yes. Actually, I’ve read them too," Draco replied proudly.

"What?! Draco Malfoy, the Draco Malfoy, reads muggle books?" Hermione asked teasingly.

"Well, remember how you had the books on our bookshelf in our common room?" Draco began sheepishly. "And you were always going on about them and trying to convince me to read them? Well a few years ago I read them and watched the movie."

"Wow," Hermione replied with a strange look on her face.

"Anyways. Come on. The movie is about to start," exclaimed Draco taking Hermione’s hand to drag her to the theater.

Although both pretended otherwise, neither failed to notice how their hands fit together perfectly, or the spark that was created when their hands touched.

________________________________________

After the movie, they directly apparated to a fancy restaurant where Draco had already placed reservations. As the appetizers were being served, they were still discussing the movie.

"That was so sad, when Irene Adler died," Hermione said pouting as she broke off a piece of breadstick. "She was one of my favorite characters!"

"Those slow-motion action shots and the chases were the best part though. You’ve got to admit, they were pretty wicked," Draco replied.

Just as she was about to reply, she saw a shock of red hair from across the room. She immediately stiffened as her eyes met the eyes of the owner of the fiery red head.

Although Draco didn’t see what, or rather who, Hermione was staring at, he didn’t fail to see Hermione’s reaction.

"What’s wrong?" He asked, his grey eyes cloudy with concern.

"Oh, nothing," Hermione replied hurriedly, not wanting to dampen the frivolous mood.

"Yeah, sure," snorted Draco, looking around the room. "Oh, I see. It’s the raging ginger and the blonde bimbo."

"What?!" Hermione exclaimed before the two of them simultaneously burst out laughing.

The rest of dinner passed by uneventfully. Both throughly enjoyed the evening and even managed to ignore the two pairs of eyes that were boring into their backs. Just as they were about to leave, a waiter walked by their table. As he was about to walk past Hermione, a blank look crossed his face, he seemingly tripped on thin air and spilled a glass of red wine on Hermione’s dress.

"Ack!" exclaimed Hermione, causing Draco to burst out laughing.

"I’m so sorry madam! That was so clumsy of me! I don’t know what I even tripped over. I’m so sorry!" apologized the waiter, babbling away.

"It’s fine. It wasn’t your fault," Hermione replied kindly as Draco continued laughing. As the waiter left, Hermione turned on Draco. "It is not funny," she snapped as she got up to clean herself.

"Sure, it isn’t. Everyone screams out ‘ack’ when people spill things on them," Draco replied laughing away.

Hermione then displayed her impressive maturity by sticking her tongue out at him before turning around and heading to the restrooms.

Upon entering the restroom, Hermione used a simple cleaning charm to remove the wine. As she was about to head out, some one walked in, blocking her path.

"Excuse me–," Hermione began.

"Oh. I see. You cleaned up already," commented Astoria, cutting Hermione off.

"Wait. You did that?" Hermione asked narrowing her eyes.

"Of course I did that. What did you think?" sneered Astoria. "Anyways, I just want to let you know that Draco is mine. So back off." And with a swish of her long blonde hair, she strutted out of the room.

Hermione was astounded, to say the least. She walked back to their table with an angry look on her face.

"So, you are back! Took you long enough! I though the trolls came and got you— What happened?" Draco asked, concern filling his eyes as he took at Hermione’s face.

"I’ll tell you when we go outside," Hermione replied through gritted teeth.

The second they stepped out the restaurant and into the chilly air, Hermione burst into speech.

"Your stupid ex-girlfriend confundunsed the waiter to spill wine on me. And that’s not all. She did this because she wanted to speak to me. Warn me actually. To stay away from you!" Hermione ranted with an angry glint in her eyes. "I mean can you believe her audacity? First she takes–no jacks– my fiancé and now she is declaring claims on my fake boyfriend!"

"Well, two can play this game. Just watch what I do to her," Hermione muttered darkly.

"What are you going to do to her?" asked Draco cautiously.

"Oh, you’ll see," Hermione chirped happily, before apparating to her apartment.

"And thus begins the game of shadows," muttered Draco before doing the same.

**********************************************

SO. That was kind of short. Unfortunately, the next two chapter are even shorter. But before you all start Crucio-ing me, I have a proposition.

If a certain friend of mine with the initials CLM (Yes, I am talking about you, the person I have six classes with) gets an Wattpad account before next saturday, I will post twice. Now, you maybe asking, "How do I get this CLM person, who we dont know, to make a Wattpad account?" The solution: Comment. Comment on this story that you want her to get a wattpad account. Because everyone NEEDS a Wattpad account :)

So with the happy thoughts of you wanting to crucio me, I will end this chapter.

Dont forget to vote and comment.

And now I'm going to try to find someone who will buy me a LIFESIZE DRACO MALFOY for my birthday...