:Chapter Deux: You Don't Believe Me, Huh?

Start from the beginning

No. No. No. No. This can't be happening. Sienna is not going to Los Angeles with me. No. No. No.

"What?" Sienna answered, thumpity-thumping down the stairs. "Did they call Aurora and tell her that they were joking?"

"Sienna," my dad said, warning her.

"Okay, fine, I'm sorry," Sienna said, hands in surrender position. "Why do you want me down here, I'm talking to Bryant."

"Yeah, about that, get off the phone, you've been on it for a while now." my mother said, hands ready for the phone in her hands.

"Bye, Bryant. Love you baby boy, kisses! Aww, love you too. Bye, babe!" she said through her phone. I felt like throwing up in disgust. Even Derek and I aren't like that. Right in front of your parents? That's some nerve. 

She gave her Blackberry to mother and folded her arms. "What?"

"How would you like an all-expense trip to Los Angeles? If you go with your sister, she can go." my mother announced.

Sienna's eyes bulged out wide.

"Oh my God, you're kidding, right? Thank you-thank you-thank you!" she sing-songed.

"No! No, mom you can't do this to me. I'm not going to L.A with...that."  I confirmed.

"That has a name and she's going to L.A with you." my sister announced with a cheek-to-cheek smile.

"That's the only way your going, honey. It's only fair and you know that." my father said. He itched his chin which was prickly of a five-o-clock shadow, pursing his lips to the left.

"When do you--" my mother started, catching something in her throat. "leave? When are you going to L.A?" 

Was my mother sad? Well, any other parent wouldn't be joyful of their daughter leaving, but it's not like it's permanent. I'll be there for a couple of months, shooting the movie, then I go back home. I don't need to even worry about school since they gave the last report cards last week. There's only one more week of school and it's basically a spirit week. 

"It's all in the interview tomorrow." I answered.

"So, it's paid, right? We just have to pay for Sienna." my over-protective father asked.

"Yeah, I guess. I think we just have to find a place to stay," I said.

"Can you even stay at a hotel for months? I don't think that's possible," Sienna joined in.

"Yeah, Sienna, it is, but it's expensive. We'll negotiate tomorrow with--?" my dad asked.

"Denise. Yeah, that's her name. So, is everything settled?" I asked.

"We'll see." my father replied.

We'll see? That's not a confident answer. That doesn't make me want to run up the stairs doing cartwheels. I did expect worse than this, but it's not a picture perfect fantasy. 

I walked up the stairs, dragging my feet and I shut my bedroom door. Okay. Now I just have to call Derek.

Kill me please. 

I grabbed my phone on my computer desk and speed-dialed Derek. He picked up on the second ring.

"Babe." he said, dragging the 'a'.

"Derek. Did you see my Facebook status?" I asked him.

"No? My mom took my laptop."

"Oh. Well..."