Andy's shoulders shook with amused giggles,

"Are you sure you didn't sleep with him?"

Elena burst out laughing. She leaned over to slap at Andy with her hand,

"Shutup."

Chrissy couldn't have been happier. This was what she'd been hoping for for Elena for years now. Some outrageously gorgeous human being to sweep her off her feet and prove to her that there was more to life than The Pitch.

Elena gathered herself, finally sighing she met Chrissy's eyes,

"He's more." She finally said, "More than I ever expected. More than I could've hoped for...that's for sure."

"Are you in love?" Chrissy blurted out, her eyes widening.

Elena shook her head quickly, slowing down as the realization hit her that if things kept up like this then love was a definite possibility. God, she didn't even know if she'd know what love was or if she'd know that's what it was when she was feeling it. What she did know was that the smile he put on her face was genuine...he made her happy when she wasn't on a soccer field, something no one else had ever been able to do.

"No." She finally answered before taking a shaky breath, "But..." She waved her hand, "I don't wanna jinx anything so can we change the subject?"

"Ben..." Andy said softly. Her heart went out to Elena. Emotions like the ones she was feeling were tough even when you'd experienced them before, this must've been positively terrifying for Elena.

Elena looked up at her two friends,

"Listen, I get that you're all concerned about me...and you wanna know that he's treating me well and that I'm happy." She lifted her shoulders and let them fall haphazardly, "But there's nothing to worry about with him. He's not...he doesn't..." Elena let her sentence trail off.

"What?" Andy pushed.

Elena looked down at the table in front of her,

"He doesn't scare me." She finished.

Chrissy and Andy met each other's gaze. This was definitely different. Elena never had trouble finding the words for anything but suddenly discussing Harry had her tongue tied.

Chrissy took a breath,

"Alright then...the game tomorrow..."

----------------------------------------

Just wanted to tell you I hope you have a good game

Thanks

Everything ok?

Yeah I'm fine

I miss you, Len

I miss you too

More than I want to admit

More than I want you to know I do

Harry stared at his phone. He knew how she felt. The moment he'd driven away from her house that morning he felt it. He felt like he'd left a huge part of himself behind.

Baby I wish I could put into words just how much I wish you were here with me

Elena felt tears jump to her eyes. There in the locker room with her teammates around her all excitedly preparing for a game, Elena felt like she was being torn in two. She was excited to be playing tonight, but the pull to stay where she could keep communication with Harry was so much greater than she expected it would be. She looked down at her phone when it buzzed in her hand.