Chp 7: The Newsies

The door opens. A tall guy I say about sixteen or seventeen is still rubbing his eyes from waking up. He falls asleep in the doorway. Zoey punches him in the arm. "Oww.." he says. He opens his eyes and sees me. "Well who's dat." He says pointing to me. "Dats what I came he-ah fo smart-ass." My eyes widened. Zoey turns and looks at me, "Get used ta it." She says turning back to the boy.

"Anyway, Jack meet Madison, Madison meet Jack." Zoey says smiling. There was a small moment of silence. Jack spit in his hand and reached out his arm to Madison. "Aye, aye, watch it buddy." Zoey says "She don't do non of dat yet." I nod slowly. "Anyways, what she doing here then." Jack says. "She came here to become a Newsie." Zoey says with pride. Jack smiles a bit. "The second goil Newsie in New Yawk." " Yea." I say scratching the back of my neck. "Well! I's off ta Brooklyn now. Bye fellas!" Zoey said leaving.

There was a long moment of silence between me and Jack. "Well ya gonna get in or not." Jack finally says. I shove Jack a little to get in the lodging home. There was bunk beds filled with boys. I was kinda uncomfortable. Jack cups his hands to make a megaphone and screams "WAKE UP YA LAZY BUMS." I figured they liked saying that. Everyone wakes up groaning with anger and exhaustion.
"Why dya want us to wake us up!!" A short black haired boy says. Jack yells again"CUZ WE GOTTA A NEW MEMBER TO DA NEWSIE FAMILY." Everyone Sprung up and saw me. "AND ITS A GOIL!" A kid with an eye patch says. Everyone gets out of bed and Jack introduces them.
"Dat's Mush-he's da ripped guy."
"Dat's Racetrack-He loves gambling."
"Dat's Kid Blink- He da one wit da eye patch."
"Dat's Crutchie-da one wit da crutches."
"Dat's all ya need ta know fa now."
Jack creates a megaphone with his hands again and says "OK EVERYONE DIS IS MADISON BUT WE GON CALL HER MADDIE." I rolled my eyes smiling a bit.
<><><><><><><><><>
SHES A NEWSIE DA DA DADADA SHE A NEWSIECHIEWKXNHDWIXJDJ