Levi x Dancer! Reader - A Beautiful Day for Dancing

Start from the beginning

"Sadly no, I... well you see I... I was going to bring you some but I k..kinda got stuck on cleaning duty because I threw my bread at Eren and it hit the Captain" he looked down at his breakfast embarrassed. I chuckled.

"That's ok Jean, so does anyone know who it was?" I look around and everyone was as baffled as I was. "Well if anyone finds out can you tell them thank you."

Everyone nodded and the conversation continued about the day ahead. I glanced over my shoulder at the senior officers table again and this time the Captain was eating his breakfast and Hanji was looking over at us with a huge smile on her face. She looked like she was about to jump out of her seat. I smiled at her and went back to finishing off breakfast. I had to go and see Hanji after this anyway so I'll have to ask her why she was so happy at breakfast. I have always gotten along with Hanji and I have even helped her out a few times with her Titan experiments. There were a few close calls but I have always been quick on my feet and it was actually kinda fun.

After Breakfast I made my way over to Hanji's workshop where she always works on days off. The door was wide open so I walk in.
"Hanji? Are you in here?" I call out wanting to make my presence known. Rule number one: never startle Hanji when she is experimenting because it always ends in disaster!

"(F/n), (f/n), over here!" I heard Hanji yell from the far end of the workshop. I head over, carefully maneuvering past all the half built contraptions and bottles of who knows what. Today Hanji is working on what looks like a portable distillation set up. I walk up and Hanji stops what she is doing and envelops me in a big hug. "(F/n)! Omg this is such great news, I can't believe it and just think of the little shorties running around!!!" She is practically jumping up and down on the spot.

"Hanji, slow down. What the hell are you talking about?" I was so confused at this point.

"Little baby Levi's" she puts both her hands on the side of her face and squeals with excitement.

"What... is the Captain seeing someone?" My heart sinks. Wait no it's not like I actually had a chance pull yourself together. She is probably just stunning and strong. I am just happy that he is happy.

"Yes, you silly!" Hanji laughs.

"WHAT, WAIT NO! You have got this all wrong. He doesn't even know I exist let alone baby's, geez Hanji how does your mind put things together because that's just not normal!"

"Oh it's so obvious! Just think about it (f/n), Shorty always assigns you to stable duty because you made an off hand remark you preferred that to scrubbing floors, you are always staring at one on other when you think no one is watching and the flowers, they were so from him I know it!"

"Ok FIRST I only told you I preferred stable duty because I love being with the horses even if it's shoveling manure. It smells better than bleach. SECOND I do not stare, I maybe catch a quick glance but he certainly doesn't stare at me and THIRD nobody knows who gave me those flowers, it could have been anyone. And anyway Captain Levi doesn't seem to strike me as the romantic, flower giving type" I sigh and rub my temples, this is all giving me a headache. He can't like me he doesn't even know I exist.

"I have seen the way he looks at you, he knows you exist. Shorty is just... well sometimes he needs a bit of a push, someone to make the first move." Hanji winks at me.

"No, no ,no, no way, not possible. I am not risking my like file that!" I am bright red with embarrassment thinking about actually asking the Captain out on a date.

"So you will happily be bait for capturing Titans but won't ask a guy out on a date?" Hanji laughs at me again.

"Absolutely! But I am not here to indulge you in these crazy fantasies I am actually here to ask a favour. Can I borrow your gramophone? I want to get some dance practice in today and would love to practice to music. That is if you are not using it today?" I place both hands together in a praying motion in front of my face hoping that she is not using it so see which music her Titans like best.