Prologue

Aurora parted her lips, wanting to protest to her dear friend's departure, but she found herself unprepared to speak and somehow more timid than she was used to feeling.

"What? You're leaving us?" however much the princess wished to make Mulan stay, the task seemed impossible to her, and it was all she could manage to say without giving in to the lump in her throat and crying. Moments ago, she had been bursting with pleasure and the news of her pregnancy, certain that this was all she had ever wanted; now, there was something that just didn't seem right about any of it. Perhaps it was the mere fact that her best friend was leaving without explanation, and that she would never watch Aurora's unborn child grow up... or maybe it was more. Perhaps she would never find out.

"I'm afraid so," the princess couldn't help noticing that the proud warrior's own eyes seemed to be wet, like she too felt like crying. The two women embraced each other, and Aurora hoped it would never have to end. But of course, all things must come to an end, and this particular thing was ended by a sudden "goodbye" from Mulan as she pulled away . and started to walk off.

And yet again, Aurora parted her lips, wanting to protest to her dear friend's departure, but she found herself unprepared to speak and somehow more timid than she was used to feeling.

A/N: If you're still reading, thank you! And I love you all! I forgot to mention that pretty much this entire book is dedicated to my friend Jo (you may know her as jobibear- and if you don't, go follow her!) because she have me the motivation to write this, along with help with the title etc. I dedicate this to her as a thank you :). Also, the chapters will be short as It's my style of writing, and this fanfiction will meddle with One Upon a Time's timeline- the things that happened at the start of season 2 and all the events after happened before the curse -so please don't hate me for that...