1

"Girls, this is the chance of a life time!" The TV announcer spoke. "You might be the star of the new TV show Zodiac Home! All you need to do is fill out these forms..."

I have already listened to this commercial several times. It was getting very annoying. Don't get me wrong, I adore the Zodiac signs, even before this reality show crap started up, but it is all anyone ever talks about. I filled out the form like everyone else did., but now that the results come in tomorrow at 12, every girl is saying how ah-mazing it would be if they got chosen!

I wish these people would take a reality check. I mean it would be pretty epic to star in a reality show, but I guarantee that the girl to be picked would probably be some tan, bleach blonde, blue-eyed girl from Texas.

"Ember, aren't you excited for tomorrow?" my little sister Blair asked.

"Blair, if I was excited, would my face look like this?" Honestly I was waiting for them to get this done and over with. " I wish I was older." Blair said glumly. Blair was 13, and you had to be 15-17 to enter. Blair was basically the only reason I did sign up." You're so pretty, you'll have a chance." Me and my sister look almost identical. We both had natural blonde hair, blue eyes, and white colored skin. The only difference was , I could pass for a 17 year old and she looked about ten.

" You both do" My mother said walking into the living room. "Have you guys seen Coal?" Coal was our older brother. He's 19 years old and has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, he also has a tan going for him.

"Probably at a party." I said. You'd think with Coal being a straight A student, he'd still be in college. He got kicked out 2 months after starting at Harvard (he got a 36 on his ACT). Now he works at the local gas station here in Luck, Wisconsin . (way to go make something of your self Coal) " He is at work." Blair said " I saw him in his work shirt."

" Well supper is almost done, then bed." I rolled my eyes. Mom always made us go to bed early. It was pretty stupid, but I go with it.

Just then a man with black hair and light brown skin walked in the door. Mom's boyfriend. "Oh good, Frank, supper is almost done." My mom said, kissing Frank on the lip. Disgusting.

"Would you two just get a room already?" I asked rolling my eyes, Blair giggled.

"Well hello to you too, Ember, Blair." Frank said. Frank took in a deep breath.

"Um, Ashlynn, is that the food?" He asked with a concerned look on his face. I took in a deep breath and smelled smoke.

"Oh, no!" My mom said and ran into the kitchen.

The kitchen was on fire. I grabbed the fire extinguisher and started to spray it. The thing worked like crap. Frank grabbed me and my mom and brought us outside.

"Where's Blair?" I asked, knowing her she was probably grabbing her beloved jewelry and clothes. Frank swore, which would be the first, and my mom started to cry. Like that was going to do anything. I ran back into the house before anyone could stop me.

"Blair!" I yelled.

"I'm right here!" she said. Blair was sprawled out on the floor with clothes and jewelry surrounding her. Her ankle was twisted at a weird angle and tears streaked her sooty face. I picked her up without hesitation. Blair whimpered in pain. I kicked open the front door and went across the sidewalk to go where Mom and Frank were. I could hear sirens sounding in the distance.

"Oh my god Blair, what happened?"