Chapter 2: Be Careful

*Harry's POV*

Ever since a few nights ago, Hunter has been extremely distressed and worried. She's always on high alert and never seems to let her guard down. She jumps whenever I try to talk to her. Hunter did go home for a while but she soon came back and she was still the same as when she left. I thought going back to her mum would help her calm down but it didn't. I have no idea who that person was but being completely honest, it scared me. I don't know how to explain it. I think I was scared for Hunter's safety as much as mine.

She's been my little sister for as long as I can remember. Our parents were good friends and visited each other often. I was one year older than her so it was my job to look after her seeing that she had no siblings.

"Harry!" Hunter calls out through the house.

"Yeah what's up?" I reply.

"My mum wants me home!" She yells.

I bought a place and Hunter spends most of her time here even though her real home is with her mum. She likes to call this home though.

"Umm , yeah alright. Do you need a lift?" I ask, continuing to wash the dishes.

"Nah, I think I'll just walk." She says, walking into the kitchen with her duffle bag. I hear uncertainty in her voice. More than likely deciding whether that's the right choice, considering what happened a few long nights ago.

"Are you sure?" I ask, now hearing uncertainty in my own voice as I wipe my hands dry in the tea towel and face her.

She nods slightly and stands there for a few seconds in silence, contemplating what is the right choice before she starts to head towards the front door. I follow her and grab her arm as she opens the latch on my door.

She faces me, looking almost as if she wants me to stop her.

"Be careful." I whisper. She nods again and lunges at me in a hug. I give her a tight squeeze and chuckle as I put her on the ground. "Hunter, it's just your mum's house, you'll see me later. Nothing will happen, just stay safe." I reassure her, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

What are you doing Harry?

"Alright." She quietly agrees.

"I'll see you later on, alright?" I squeeze her hand and nod.

"I'll be back by lunch." She says.

"Alright." I smile and she leaves.

What the hell?!

-------

*Hunters POV*

As I walk to my mother's house, to say my pace is quick would be an understatement. No matter how badly my legs want to give in, they don't. I won't let them. I'm probably being paranoid but I can't help it. Around three nights ago, I was terrified to say the least.

This morning Harry was behind me and I didnt know. So when he spoke up all of a sudden and offered me breakfast, before he even finished the sentence I turned around and all I can say is, he's lucky I didn't break his nose.

I'm thankful for Harry. He's like the older brother I never had the opportunity to keep. His aura gives me a feeling of protection. Just the way his height looms over me and his strength is far more superior to mine. In a way those characteristics do frighten me but Harry is gentle when he wants to be otherwise, people classify him as dangerous. I think he tolerates most people. I'm probably the only person he properly cares for.

I think about how safe I feel around Harry while I stand at the lights waiting for the man in the traffic lights to go green so I can walk across the street. When it does, many people including myself walk across the road. Some rushing, others taking their time. As I walk past the cars I stare at the people in the drivers seats. There are adults checking their phones while they wait for the light to go green. Women are putting on make up. Some men are combing their hair.