I smiled, trying to contain my laughter as I looked over at Chase. He finally had that sparkle back in his eyes when he looked at me. This alone made me feel ten times better after the weekend the four of us had had.

But as soon as the happiness set in, the awkwardness quickly replaced it.

I bit into my lip to keep from blurting something about the kiss. It had been looming over the two of us since we'd returned home last night. Though neither of us dared to bring it up. It was just something we had silently decided not to bring up, but that didn't mean I wasn't constantly thinking about it.

I shook my head and let my sight fall to my feet as Chase and I started walking once more. Even if we still had yet to talk about everything, I wasn't about to get into things while we were walking into the cafeteria to meet the guys for lunch.

I took in a deep breath as we entered the lunch hall. Across the way, I could see Alan and Lewis sitting at our regular table, or what had become our regular table during my time away from Chase. They were alone, but they were heavily concentrated on what I was assumed were the scripts for the play.

"What do you think they're talking about?" I laughed. I could see Lewis and Alan tossing food at one another absentmindedly. Alan looked just as stressed out as I felt every time he turned to a new page of the script.

"Lewis is probably running lines with him as we speak." Chase smiled before we made our way over.

What I didn't expect upon setting my books down on the table, was Zoey sliding into the empty seat between Alan and I as I did.

"Hey, Bree," Zoey smiled. She looked ecstatic to be sitting here with Alan. Which, only got more confusing the more I thought about it. I still didn't know what they discussed at the party on Saturday.

Despite trying to hide my feelings, I could feel the confusion playing out on my face as I gave her a small wave. "Hey, Zoey."

Relief quickly flooded Alan's face as he noticed her sitting next to him. The man then shoved his script back at Lewis without a word to his best friend. But if I was being honest, Lewis face was priceless. Alan and Zoey turned away from the rest of us, having a private conversation and ignoring when Chase and I sat down.

"What's she doing here?" Lewis whispered, just loud enough for Chase and I to hear. I shrugged and pulled out a bag of chips from my backpack.

"Ask her," I teased, receiving a glare back from Lewis.

"Oh wow, Bree. I wish I'd thought of that one," Lewis shot back snidely. He nodded slowly before patting Chase on the back. "You know, when people say that Chase is the smart one of our group, I tend to think otherwise. Bree's the real genius."

"Shut up," I hissed.

"Okay, but only if the genius says so."

Chase rolled his eyes, "have you guys just been bickering like this since school started?"

"Bickering," Lewis laughed and shook his head. "Who are you, my grandma?" I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing along with him.

"Ha, ha," Chase scoffed. "Who are you, my little brother?"

"Now you see, that's actually true, oh step brother of mine," Lewis smirked back at him.

"I consistently forget that you guys' parents got married," I smiled. Weirdly enough, the two really did act like brothers. Ever since Chase's dad and Lewis' mom had gotten married last summer, the two had become family. No matter how much they got on each other's nerves, they were always there for one another.