Epilogue-Keeping Hope.

Start from the beginning

“If she’s with Dyl, I don’t doubt that. You know how much she loves her Uncle Dilly.” Of course, we’d made Dylan godfather, and Rebeckah, along with Jazmin, her godmothers.

Yes, we’d made Jazmin her godmother. Why? Because she’d changed. Ever since her best friend’s death, she’d been a different person. Stopped being so superficial, and faced up to the harsh reality of life. I felt sorry for her, I honestly did.

She was making it through though, with the help of us and most of all, Seth.

As if I’d summoned them with my mind--although of course, I’d leave that the Harry Potter gang and perhaps Elise--I suddenly caught sight of two figures in front of me, standing outside the church.

Jazmin, dressed in a long, summery black dress, looking pale and teary. Seth was stood beside her in a black suit, his face arranged into a twisted expression. I knew, just by looking, that he was trying to keep pretending, keep the mask in place.

I was more than used to that. Or at least, I had been.

Upon reaching the church, Seth ushered us inside. Cory held out a hand for him to shake, and they ended up in a sort of manly hug. We’d all become a lot closer, after everything we’d been through; even Dylan had been a lot more friendly with his brother, something I never thought would happen.

If there was one thing I’d learnt now though, is to expect the unexpected.

Despite the situation we were in though, I couldn’t help but grin at the sight in front of me, as I entered the grand building. Dylan was sat in the front row, next to a pale yet fairly happy looking Rebeckah. Medical professionals had been marvelled at her instant recovery, yet of course we all knew the truth. It was good to see her so...alive. Dylan had been helping too, I feared. Although it was nothing serious yet, it was obvious that each had feelings for each other. Holding hands, hugging, the odd kiss here and there when they thought nobody was looking...the list went on. I was happy for them, though. More than they knew.

In Dylan’s arms was an angel. Although really, I didn’t mean this in the literal sense. She was a baby, so innocent, beautiful and pure. There was no sign of the man I refused to call her Father in her features; with tuffs of rebellious red hair, and eyes the colour of my own, there was no denying that by some miracle, she was by daughter.

I had created her, something that still made me overcome with awe, even several months down the line.

She was dressed in a small white dress, going against the traditional black. However, Mr and Mrs Mathews stated that Sadie had always said she wanted people to be happy at her funeral, whenever that may be. Black clothing was okay, but she wanted some colour, too.

It was for this reason that I had dressed Hope in the white dress, some tiny shoes and a black cardigan, small violet flowers embroidered on.

She looked adorable.

Taking a seat next to Dylan, I carefully took Hope from him. “Hello, baby. You been good for your Uncle Dylan?” Of course, I didn’t expect a reply. She gazed up at me, transfixed as always by my face. It was odd, really; she couldn’t stop staring at me, while I couldn’t at her.

The day that she had been born, was like a new beginning for me. I had a purpose, suddenly. One that went beyond being a friend, girlfriend or daughter. I was a Mother; I had to keep fighting, for her.

“Of course she was,” Dylan replied, interrupting my thoughts. “She’s always a little angel...well, unless Cory’s looking after her, then all hell breaks loose.” He grinned, staring teasingly at his brother.