Textrovert - One Shot Contest

Start from the beginning

"I got your phone."

She stood.

"There you go, babydoll."

"Thanks. A lot." She said too quickly not paying attention to anything he said, relieved she got her phone back. She turned around where Nicky was sitting "Hey Nicky, I got my phone back. This guy_" she turned to face the boy that was in front of her but he was gone.

Where's he? What just happened?

"What guy?"

Keeley didn't answer so Nicky asked again. "What guy Keeley ?"

"A guy gave me my phone. He said I got your phone", Keeley's imitation of the boy made Nicky laugh "and I took it, he said something else before I took the phone from him but I wasn't focusing because I was desperate to get my phone back and then I turned to tell you and then I turned back and he was gone."

"A lot of words Keeley, breathe, Like that." Nicky tried to show Keeley how to breathe. "He's gone just like that?"

Keeley nodded.

"Was he cute?"

"Nicky!"

"That means he was, maybe someone that can make you forget Brent?"

"I don't need to forget Brent. Plus I don't even know this guy's name nor where he went." Keeley seemed a bit disappointed.

"If it's meant to be, at the end of this day you will know his name. I just hope he can make you forget Brent."

"Why do you have to mention Brent now?"

"Because he's always on your mind Keeley and I know it, you didn't even got over the fact that he went to college. Your story with him is the typical girl falling for her tutor but your version doesn't have a beginning to at least have an ending or even a happy one."

Keeley gave Nicky a look. "I just want you to be happy Keeley, so don't give me that look. Have you even talked to him recently?"

"No, he's been busy."

"With what?"

"With his internship, I think."

"Did he even text you?"

"No."

"So?"

"So, let's change the subject please."

"If he didn't text you, maybe text him? I don't want you unhappy Keeley."

"I don't want to be clingy Nicky, the last time we spoke he told me about the internship, and I took the hint. He doesn't have time for me. I know that nothing will happen, I'm a senior in high school and he's a junior in college. He thinks of me as his little sister or a friend."

Nicky shrugged, sad about Keeley's suffering.

"In time, I will forget about him Nicky, don't worry." Keeley gave her friend a hug. "There are other guys. Right?"

"Of course, but didn't he invite you over?"

"Yeah he did."

"Are you going?"

"I can go but I'm not getting my hopes up over him, I'm going to check the campus and the college life and have an idea about what to expect next year, that's all."

"So, you thought about going?" Nicky got excited over the idea.

"I did, and you will be the first to know if I'm going." Nicky nodded, satisfied.