Textrovert - One Shot Contest

Keeley Brewer stepped off the Ferris wheel with her friend, "Now what Nicky?" she asked in a monotone voice.

"You don't have to be so obvious, Keeley. I know you want to go home, but come on this is the last day of the fair. The last hours. "

Keeley didn't respond. Nicky ignored the glaring and said "Show me your teeth, and I'll bring you cotton candy. I know you love them."

"Are you talking about me or about yourself here?"

"Oh, come on. What do you want to do? and don't say I want to go home. Your brother texted me a while ago asking me to drive you back home. So no escaping."

Ugh Zach. "Speaking of Zach, I need to call him to know why he's ditching me for the nth time this week. And that car is supposed to be ours."

"You want to call him now?"

"Yep, why?"

"Nooo, it would take long. I want to get my cotton candy before you call him."

Keeley looked suspiciously at her friend. "You know who's the girl he's taking in my car. Don't you?"

"I won't say. At least not before I get my cotton candy."

"Nicky, you're supposed to be my best friend not his."

"And I am, it's just I want my cotton candy."

"Nicky."

"OKAY, okay, it's Bianca."

"BIANCA, that coward, that's why he hasn't called me."

"No, he called you but he said you didn't answer his calls nor his texts that's why he texted me."

"He called me!" Keeley started searching for her phone inside her purse. "Hold this, this too, and this.."

"Keeley, your phone's obviously not there."

"Where's my phone Nicky?"

"I don't know."

"Did I have it earlier?"

"Yeah"

"So I am not hallucinating, I did have it"

"Yeah, you did. I think it is at the milkshake shop."

"We need to go there."

"But Keeley, I want_"

"Cotton candy, I got it. Come with me and I'll bring you that Oreo smoothie that you adore. And then we can get cotton candy and play some games."

"OREO... " Nicky's eyes were about to pop out of her head. "YES. Let's go."

Food was Nicky's weak point, it can get her to do anything. Literally anything.

.......

"This is where we were sitting right?"

Keeley was busy searching up and down, all over the place for her phone while Nicky was busy doing something much more important.

"mmm, yeah.... THIS IS SO GOOD."

"Nicky please, focus I need to find my phone." Keeley said upset.

Her friend was really indifferent about the whole situation.
Nicky didn't bother to look up nor answer, her smoothie was all that she could care about at that moment.

"It must be here somewhere," Keeley mumbled to herself. She was bending under the table where they were sitting earlier then she heard a male voice saying