Chapter Twelve: Location, Location, Location

Start from the beginning

Iroh: "I figured that myself. I locked them somewhere very specific. They'll live. Though It's only a matter of time until those assassins find their brothers." He said looking at me. I sigh in relief. At least that helps.

Zuko: "Enough of that for now. I would like to get to know my daughter's savoir." Zuko said looking at me. Oh boy. This is a sensitive subject.

You: "Ask away but be warned. My life story up to this point isn't exactly ideal." I said he stared for a moment and nodded. I knew he would understand considering what his father was like. Of all people on this planet I know he could somewhat.

Zuko: "You said you came from the air temple. However I do know that Tenzin knows nothing of Rope Dart combat. Who taught you?" I looked down. Contemplating if I should say who... I decide to tell them.

You: "My father... Before my clan was destroyed." I said not looking up. I cannot see him but I know he is nodding.

Zuko: "You have my sympathy. I won't pry into that further. How did you meet the Avatar?" He asked. I smile slightly. This is a fun story.

You: "The ship I was locked in was attacked by the Triad and Equalists. I escaped and arrived at republic City. I met her and her little gang outside a police station. She asked for help finding, well me, and I refused." He looks at me confused. "Listen. I've been hunted for my power for my whole life. Of course I was suspicious." I said looking at him. He just nods. "After that I left and one of her friends followed. I caught her and sent her back. I met the Avatar a second time after I saved Tenzin's daughter Ikki. From there we become friends and now we are student and teacher." Again I smile at the thought. "She's a quick learner. Although she's smacked herself in the face quite a few times." They all laughed. "She's also the one that helped me open up ever so slightly. I was very reclusive and cynical when we met. Now I am still a cynic some what I am much more... I don't know is open the word? Anyway I owe her allot." I finish with a smile. It's true I do. I also... Never mind.

Iroh: "It sounds like you are fond of her." He said smiling. That's true but I never had friends while I was running so. Yeah I'm fond of her and the others.

You: "I never had friends while I was on the road so yeah. She's one of the first friends I've had in a long time." I said looking at Iroh. He just rolls his eyes. What does he mean.

Iroh: "No I mean-" His mother cuts him off quickly.

Izumi: "Enough son. No need to continue." She said looking at him. He just chuckles and continues eating. I glance between the two before looking at Zuko with a raised eyebrow. He just chuckles and eats as well. I just shrug and continue eating.

*TIMESKIP*

It's been a week since I arrived. We managed to get the locations that these assassins were seen. Unfortunately about two days ago the two assassins that they arrested were found dead. Hanging in their cells if I remember correctly. Right now me and Iroh are looking through some police files to see if we can find any more useful information. I was just about to take a break until one caught my eye. It was a report of an attempted murder a few years ago. The perp's description matched 'Shadow's'. I Pick it up and read it. The report clams he came from the west. A few witnesses said they saw a man in a similar robe checking in a hotel as he went. I have a small trail. I keep looking and find two more cases that have similar trails.

You: "Iroh. I found three cases of attempted or committed murders. Each have witnesses claiming they spotted the assailants coming from the west. The descriptions also match what 'Shadow' looked like. I think we can triangulate the location now." He looks through the files and smiles.

Iroh: "Thank the gods. I was getting sore sitting here." We place the files back in their boxes and take the three with us. This will be an interesting journey.