Chapter 16: The Set Up

Start from the beginning

He sat the gun in the middle of my forehead. "I said: let's take a walk. Destiny, you lead us to the living room."

She had her bra and panties on and she walked past us to go downstairs.

Candace followed behind her. Then me with G-Money behind me pointing his gun.

Then, Destiny went tumbling down.

"I'm so tired of you bitch!" She yelled at Candy.

"Don't be mad at me cause you missed a step." Candace snickered.

I busted out laughing. That shit was well deserved.

"Y'all think this a fucking game, huh?" G-Money started. "Go sit on the couch and don't move. Destiny, go fix me a sandwich."

Candace and I sat on the couch.

G-Money kept staring at me. "It took everything in me not to smoke you the first time I saw you."

"Why didn't you?"

"Cause that ain't what my father would've wanted."

"And who's your father?"

"That man you smoked at the crack house on Hudson."

"Ion know what you talking bout." I said nonchalant.

"Don't pull that bullshit with me. I was coming to see him, when only a few people ran out along with the rest of your crew. You was the last one coming out, that's how I knew it was you."

"You got me confused."

G-Money shook his head. "Nah, I don't.  My dad told me his days we're coming to an end. And if it wasn't because of God, but because of some nigga: Kill him."

Destiny brought his sandwich and he took a bite. "So I got to thinking... I could've just made it real simple, but where's the fun it that? So I wanted to find your weaknesses and to my surprise, you only had one."

"And what was that?"

He pointed his gun at Candy. "Her."

"I'm sorry for using you like this." He apologized to Candy. "I wasn't gonna hurt you. Well, that wasn't apart of my plan.. But have you seen that ass?" He said to me.

My loose fingers rolled into a fist.

G-Money laughed. "What you gon do with that?"

Candace looked over at me. "Don't do anything stupid."

"Why not? He gon kill us both anyway and I'm damn sure not going down without a fight. So you set me up with Destiny too?"

He shook his head no. "But I got her to set you up. It was too easy, she ain't nothing but a bird."

I seen Destiny standing next to G-Money with nothing but guilt.

She mouthed the words 'I'm sorry' one last time.

"Alright, now you know why I've been looking for you. So it's time to fulfill my mission."

Gary pulled the trigger, but I didn't feel a thing. But a body fall in my lap.

Tears slid from my eyes like a dripping faucet.

The door busted open and in walks Quan and Jon Jon.

"I think the fuck not!" Quan yelled, shooting at Destiny.

Jon Jon took G-Money, but not too soon. Jon shot G-Money in the shoulder and took his gun.

"Call 911" I yelled.

"Hell naw." Quan said, "Jon let's take her to the car. You finish him off Ron."

Jon Jon gave me his gun and took Candy's body into his arms and rushed out to his car.

"You son of a bitch!" I said, punching G-Money in the face over and over. His screams of agony only made me madder. I stomped on his bullet wound and gave him some more until the barrel was empty. Then I went back to kicking him.

Quan came back to get me. "Let's go man! He dead."

He had to drag me out the door. "Clean up crew on the way. Give me your car keys and you can ride with Jon."

I handed over my keys and got in the car with Jon. Jon sped off.

"What the fuck was y'all doing?"

"That nigga candy been hanging with is G-Money."

"Swear?"

I nodded. "And Destiny been working with him."

"Man, this whole thing fucked up."

"She took that bullet for me." I mumbled and looked at her body lying in the back seat.

We got to the hospital.

I got Candy carefully and ran in with her in my arms. "We need help!"

"What happened?" The nurse asked as paramedics put her on a gurney and carried her into a room.

"She was shot. Will she be okay?" I asked, tryna go with Candy.

"You can't go back there, sir. Wait here and we'll let you know as soon as we can."

"What you mean I can't go? I have to make sure she's okay." I tried pushing past her, but Jon Jon and Quan restrained me.

"CANDYY!"

*************
I know, it's a shortie but a goodie! Two more chapters after this and it's a wrap.

What y'all got to say??