25. We Could Happen

Start from the beginning

     She knew what he was doing; he was going to kiss her! The logical part of her mind screamed at her to push him away, hex the daylights out of him for daring to touch her again like that. The previous time he dared to kiss her the school was at war! And she was dubbed as a heartless flirt! And most importantly she has a boyfriend!

     The emotional part of her though, the same part that insistent on replaying Derrick's kiss every time Alden touched her lips with his own screamed at her to let him do this, let him kiss her again so she could feel the excitement and burning sensation of their first kiss. And to be perfectly honest she wanted to feel him again. His eyes were staring at her, the longing she had seen sometimes in his orbs, that he hid every time with cheerful nonchalance, was there now clear as day. His hands, one holding delicately her cheek and the other making it's way to her black long hair so he could bury it there were warm and soft, making shivers shoot down her spine.

     He choked on his breath and a noise, almost a whine escaped him as he leaned closer, his eyes flashing with determination. She gasped as she slid her lids close and her lips unconsciously parted.

     This was it. He was going to kiss her now and she would let him. Her fight ended when she looked in his pleading eyes and acceptance had settled in her stomach, which was clenched with nervous anticipation.

     He pulled her closer, his forehead touching her own and she felt the lightest of touches upon her lips. Her hands rested on his biceps as she steadied her self for his real kiss--

Kris:                 Lex?! Andito ka ba?!

     They sprang apart like they were hit by lightening and they both blushed furiously. Thankfully, Kris was too preoccupied to notice the two teenagers putting tomatoes to shame. He ran towards Lexi and hugged her tightly. Jake gave his jacket to Lexi… and the four of them went back to the rest house.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

    Right after he entered his room, Derrick leaned against the door trying to calm his erratic beating heart and rugged breathing. He was that close to kissing Lexi again and the troublesome-protective –brother of hers had to ruin it!

Ngayon nagdadalwang isip na ko kung tutulungan ko pa siya kay Joyce! ANO KA BA! IT WAS BETTER LIKE THAT!

     But Lexi seemed as transfixed at the moment as was he and she didn't back down or seem terrified. In the contrary she seemed almost...eager to kiss him as well. Was it his own hope, his mind-desperate for her to feel the same as he did- that played tricks on his eyes and made him believe she was willing to allow him the very kiss he craved so after he realized his true feelings for the fiery young girl? Had he imagined her half lidded stare, her parted lips and flushed cheeks when his lips feathery touched her own for no more than a second?

Idiot, idiot! What were you thinking?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

"Derrick?"

     Jake cut through his thoughts as he knocked twice to his door then entered… He was standing on the door frame…

Derrick: Uy… bakit?

Jake:    gusto ko lang malaman kung ayos ka lang, bro.

Derrick: uhmm… oo… si Lexi ba?

Jake:    nagpapahinga na…

      Jake wrenched his arm free and turned around biting his lip, a gesture Derrick knew meant he was fighting back tears.