Chapter 3- Explanations and Explosions

Start from the beginning

"You really don't understand do you? That thing, that horrible, hideous monster...was me." I almost couldn't bring myself to saw those final 2 words. I closed my eyes and felt a tear rolling down my cheek. Then I felt a cold hand wiping it away ever so gently. I opened my eyes to see pools of emerald staring right back at me.

"Are you sure your alright?" Loki said, while pulling his hand away from my cheek and placing it on my knee. I realized he had moved closer towards me. I could sense how scared he was, how much he wanted to protect me and stop my tears for some reason. Why would he care?

I stood and turned to my bedroom. "Just give me a second OK?"

He nodded, still looking worried about me.

I walked into my room and closed the door, collapsing on my bed and letting the tears fall silently.

LOKI POV

I finally understood.

Who she was and her past. We were painstakingly similar. I saw and understood how she felt. We both thought of ourselves as monsters and have both been controlled. I was worried about her now, she had been in her room for a while now. I walked up to the door and just as I was about to knock, the door opened. She looked composed but I could see past that. I saw how saddened she was. How broken. What I did next, I may never be able to explain what drove me to do it.

JANGNAN POV

The hug caught me by surprise. I was surprised to find Loki there in the first place. I looked at him and felt my eyes tearing up again. He reached his arms out and gently pulled me aginst him. I hesitated only for a second before I leaned into him. His body was cold but his embrace was warm at the same time.

I knocked on the mental door in his mind and asked him to let me in. The door opened and I could understand his emotions. I saw how worried he was about me and how much he cared, even with knowing about the monster that was me. It touched my heart, but that was something I couldn't possibly risk. For his sake and mine.

Oh. My. Gods. I actually cared about him.

He pulled away and put his arm around my shoulders and guided me to the couch and sat me down. He looked at me and I could see how much he wanted me to continue but he was afraid of pushing me too hard.

I took a deep breath and continued.

"I was overcome by my evil, my power. I tried to fight it the best I could but it was destroying me from the inside. I thought I was going to die so I decided to have some fun while I could. I played pranks on mortals but it always ended in death and destruction. So eventually, I gave up. I lost hope. SHIELD found me and captured me. I remember being surprised that they didn't kill me immediately. But they locked me in a cell and all I remember after that is pain. Never ending pain. I couldn't take anymore so I blacked out. I have no memory of what happened but when I came to, I was told that Thor and Odin saved me. Thor saw the dark magic destroying me from the inside and told Odin. Odin couldn't destroy the darkness from me with out destroying me completely, so he simply changed the intent. But he couldn't reverse it all the way. There is still darkness, evil inside of me. There is still a monster, somewhere. " I muttered.

Oh no. Not now! I could feel my anger boiling inside. I tried to contain it but I just couldn't anymore. The transformation was starting.

LOKI POV

What was happening? I felt her extreme anger and I saw her hand starting to turn black. I tried to grab it to see what was going on but she hissed and pulled away. I looked back up at her to see her whole face and turned black and her eyes were nothing but white. Her already dark hair turned darker if it was possible. She looked beautiful in an amazingly powerful sort of way. I stepped back to look at her fully. She was literally glowing with purple energy but this was darker than before. I looked into her eyes again and I saw them flicker purple for just a second. In that second she looked absolutely terrified, and that scared me. What could possibly be so bad that it could scare her?

"Loki! Loki! Please! Run! Go now!" She sounded like she was in so much pain. As she said that, her eyes turned back white and she raised her arm, firing a blast of energy at me. I heard a deranged cackle and her her speak. It was her but the voice sounded...well...evil.

"Run little Liesmith! Run!"

I ducked just in time and dogged the blast. Instead it shot a huge hole in the wall. I got up and ran out of the house. I looked back to see her flying. Yes, flying right at me. Jang somehow had wings sprouting from her back. They looked like angel wings and they were absolutely beautiful.

She was going much too fast for me to outrun her and I just stood there, more scared than I had ever been in a while. Right before she would have hit me, I saw her eyes turn back to purple again. But brighter than they were before. I didn't see fear but determination burning in those eyes.

"No!" she screamed, in her regular voice this time. "I WILL NOT HURT HIM!!!!"

She pulled up and I just stood there like a fool, not knowing what to do. She flew about a hundred feet in the air and I saw her dark aura of energy starting to flicker. I knew that Jang was still in there somewhere. Still fighting. I then watched in horror as she blew up in a mix of dark and light purple energy. And then she started to fall.

Please don't kill me because of the cliffhanger *Hides behind Loki* :)