Chapter 2 (episode 2)

Start from the beginning

"You don't need a guy Vilde." Sana rolls her eyes and explains," A guy shouldn't define your social status."

All the girls nod, annoyance creeping on their faces. I roll my eyes right back,"I'm just making the most of my life guys, live a little!"

"Guys are not worth it Vilde," Chris snaps.

Odd, that's out of character for the normally always-down-for-a-party-or-new-guy Chris.

"You ok Chris?" Eva looks over at her with concern.

"I'm fine." She walks away, leaving us all confused.

Chris's POV:

I enter the stuffy classroom and sit in my desk. After about thirty minutes of my teacher's irrelevant lectures, I raise my hand to ask if I could go to the bathroom.

"May I go to the bathroom?"

"Yes, Mr. Schistad."

I aimlessly walk out the classroom and make my way to the courtyard to smoke, instead of heading to the restroom. I grab a seat on one of the many benches and close my eyes, letting out a small sigh.

"Chris?" A familiar voice calls out.

I turn my head to the side and see a curious Eva waiting for my reply.

"Eva, have you come to seduce me?" I grin and scan her alluring body.

She shakes her head and scoffs as she sits down next to me.

"I am here because class was boring." She shrugs.

"How convenient, so am I."

Our eyes connect for a brief moment, then we both turn away.

"So um, are you going to the Penetrator party tomorrow night?" I glance back over at her and study her face. Her eyes hold such light in them.

"You know I was thinking about it, but then I thought 'oh that ugly chris guy will be there'." She catches my gaze and nudges my shoulder playfully.

Her laugh is peaceful and comforting, and I catch myself wanting to prolong that sound. "I'm sure that's what you thought." I wink, aiming to summon her laugh once more.

"You're disgusting." She frowns, but holds a slight smirk.

"I'm logical."

Her eyes look up to the sky, giving the impression that she's in thought. "Hm, debatable."

I watch her as her eyes look down at the ground, then to my arm.

"What's that?" She points to the fading bruise on my arm.

"I was in a fight the other night." I proclaim as she returns her gaze to mine.

Her eyebrows furrow, "Oh."

She seems unsure of my answer, and for a split second, her mouth opens to press for an honest answer. Instead, she sighs and lifts off the bench, turning towards me, "Anyway, I should probably get back to class."

"I should probably get back to smoking." I raise up the pack, shaking them at her with a smirk.

She steps forward and leans down. She is inches from my lips, and all I can think of is wrapping my hands around her waist and pulling her on my lap to kiss me. Before our lips touch, her hand reaches out and grabs the pack of cigarettes. She swiftly pivots her body to face the trashcan next to the bench and chucks them into the opening.