Chapter 1: Admit the fact...

He's staring at me. I pretend I don't see him, but the look of awe in his eyes makes me break into smile. I don't look away from my notebook to hide my face. The bell rings and take the chance to glance at him. He's still looking at me and his eyes meet mine and I can feel myself blushing. Just when i think it can't get any worse, he flashes a smile at me and my legs go numb. I look down and make my way to lunch.

_______

"So did you finish that essay?". I don't respond.

"Okay good answer.". After noticing my daydreaming, my best friend, Laila, nudges me. I finally snap back to reality, and apologize to my friend Brittany who I previously ignored.

"Sorry Britt, what did you say?". She begins telling a story, and I eventually focus in on the table behind her which seats Cameron Dallas, Jack Dail, and finally, Grayson and Ethan Dolan. Cameron and Grayson sit with their backs toward my friends and I, while Ethan and Jack face us. I focus on Ethan specifically, and when he catches me observing him, I quickly revert my eyes back to Britt, who is saying something about a party.

"What are you wearing Alex?"

"Huh?". She rolls her eyes at me.

"To Jack's party? What are you wearing?"

"Oh, I'm not going." Laila begins to laugh and I laugh along with her.

"Haha, very funny.", Marina, our friend and Britt's girlfriend, said sarcastically. I give her a smirk and begin to answer.

"I don't know, probably my Metallica top, with those mesh stripe leggings I just bought."

"Shoes?" ask Kristen, our other friend.

"Those black boots I have." After my response, Brittany begins telling another story.

_______

Ethan's P.O.V.

As i'm talking to Jack and the guys, I feel someone's eyes settle on me. I glance over at the table that Alex is sitting at, and I see her looking at me. Before I can give her a smile, she quickly looks away, and begins talking to her friends.

"I'm gonna talk to Laila at the party tonight." Cameron says with a tone of confidence.

"That's what you said the last time Cam." says Grayson with a sigh. Cameron glares at him, and we all begin to laugh.

"What are you laughing at Ethan? You've liked Alex for 2 weeks, and all you've done is stare at her and smile." he mocks me with a cheesy smile, and I kick him under the table. He leans over the table a bit, and when he sits back up, he gives me an angry look, and continues into a different conversation.

I don't like Alex, do I?

I shake my head to dismiss the thought, and carry on with the conversation.

_______

Alex's P.O.V.

As Laila and I walk down the hallway side by side, we stop at my locker. She rests her shoulder on the locker next to mine and begins talking.

"Admit it."

"Admit what?" I say as I grab a textbook out of my locker.

"Admit the fact that you like him." She says with a smirk. We continue walking down the hall.

"Who is this 'him' that I supposedly have a thing for?"

"Ethan Dolan" I scoff

"No I don't!" she stops in the middle of the hallway. Dramatic much?

"Look me in the eye and say it again" she knows me to well, and she uses the fact that i can't lie against me. I look her in the eye, and as i'm gonna say it, I groan and begin walking again. Laila smiles, and follows me to class.

_______

On the drive home, don't turn on the radio so I can think clearer.

Do I really like Ethan? I haven't had a crush since 8th grade...

The thought of 8th grade soon fills my brain and sends a shiver down my spine. I shake my head to dismiss the thought, and turn up the radio.

When I pull up to my house, I get out of the car and start getting ready for the party. I get out of the shower, and I grab my phone to see a text from Laila.

Laila: Open the window.

Me: You know we have a door right?

Laila: Ik, but it's not as fun ;)

My room is on the first floor, so Laila climbs through the window with ease. It also helps that she's done this since 7th grade, and were juniors now.

"Why in the hell aren't you dressed yet?!" asks Laila.

"I just got out of the shower" I say shrugging.

"Alex, if you don't go get dressed i'll-"

"Okay, okay. Chill." She rolls her eyes and I got dressed. Laila curled my hair, and we finally left my house.