oneshot.

( INVASION! DREAM SEQUENCE )

THE REHEARSAL DINNER was in full swing with Laurel, Sara, and Crystal trailing the floor of the enormous Queen mansion. Greeting guests was always the part that Crystal hated about being invited to dinners like this, saying hello and pretending to be polite and then run to Sara to talk shade about the person.

"I can't believe this is really happening," Crystal squealed alongside Laurel who was also excited about the whole day. "It seems like it was just yesterday that Oliver proposed to you."

"Is he here yet? He's late to his own rehearsal dinner." Laurel nervously looked around before Sara got him back on track, "When has Oliver been on time for anything?"

The three woman turned a corner and we greeted by a man calling out the sister's last name. "Miss Lance, congratulations on your day. I'm Ray Palmer." He extended his hand to each of them yet when he touched Crystal's, she felt a sudden moment of flashbacks.

A hug changed by the two, Crystal consoling Ray, and a dance at an elegant party with both of them laughing with each other.

"Have we met before?" Ray asked as Crystal got back from her dazed flashback. She observed him for a moment, the features that she thought was familiar but something was coming over her. "No, I don't think so. I would remember a good looking face." Crystal bluntly uttered before Laurel and Sara rushed her away, saving her from her embarrassment.

"I get that he was hot but you have to stop saying stuff aloud like that," Laurel giggle linking her arms with the two other girls.

"Always coming to my rescue, one might call us the three musketeers." Crystal said and getting another vivid flashback about her. But it wasn't with Laurel or Sara but with the man called Ray Palmer and a mysterious guy. One with a parka and a cold aesthetic that looked lovingly at her. But she couldn't help but think that the parka guy was an emotional anchor to her, what she also couldn't deny that through the flashback she felt that Ray was another comforting soul to her. Another anchor and wanted to focus harder to remember what was happening because this world wasn't reality. It was a universe that didn't exist, something that could be but never can.