Her heart skipped a beat as she thought about how eager Roman was to see her wearing it again and although he'd already seen her in it, she prayed she'd get the same visceral reaction from him like before. She was not disappointed. When Roman pulled up at her hotel and saw Kristen waiting out front, his eyes narrowed and smoldered as he looked at her. Then he gave her that irresistible, dimpled smile and got out of his Hummer and helped her inside.

To her delight, he had changed his clothes. He was wearing a form-fitting black t-shirt that outlined his chest perfectly and relaxed black jeans. She loved seeing him in black. It looked fantastic on him. She had to make herself stop staring at him in the car. They listened to the late great Prince on their way to his apartment and engaged in light-hearted conversation. Once upstairs in his penthouse, Roman led her into the dimly lit ornate dining-room and sat her in a chair opposite his.

As she waited to be served, Kristen took note of how beautifully the table was decorated. There were lightly scented candles away from them on the further end of the table and Roman had placed his fancy dishes and silverware out just for her, with the spoons, forks, and glasses in the right places. She was impressed. Roman put some old-school R&B classics on the stereo and went into the kitchen to gather the food. 

She could hear him singing along with the melody of a Teddy Pendergrass song that was playing and practically swooned out of her chair. She may be young but she was hip to the classics. Her parents had made a point of introducing her to Motown and all the other greats from that area into the 80s, and she loved that music. Outside of Next Level, it was the only kind of music she listened to.

She looked out the picturesque window to the right of her and became hypnotized by the luminous full moon and endless stars shining in the sky. Tonight couldn't be more perfect if she had dreamed it herself.

Roman soon came back in the dining room with serving bowls filled with fresh garden salad, yeast rolls, and his Mother's spaghetti. The aroma coming out of the bowls smelled so delicious it sent Kristen's stomach into hunger overdrive. Everything looked so good and the presentation was immaculate.

"Looks delicious," she said, giving him a pleasant smile.

Roman appreciatively grinned at her as he stood at the head of the table. "Thank you." He slapped his hands together. "Well, you can't drink so... What would you like? I have tea, Fruit Punch, Pepsi-"

"Tea will be fine. Thank you."

"I'll be right back."

Kristen resisted the urge to sample the food while he was gone and counted the minutes until he came back. Roman walked back into the room with a glass pitcher and poured the brown liquid into her glass. "I guess I'll be a responsible adult and have tea too," he humorously deadpanned.

Kristen giggled and secretly thought about how much she didn't want him to be a responsible adult. She wanted him to kiss her so badly. She wondered if that time would ever come. Her eyes locked on the muscles budging in Roman's arms as he sat the pitcher on the table and continued to stare transfixed at him as he walked around to the other side of the table and sat opposite her. Roman's gaze locked on her like a magnet as he sat down. 

Kristen's nipples hardened under his gaze. Long as she lived, she'd never forget how it made her feel every time he looked at her. He made her feel like she was the most beautiful girl in the world.

Endless minutes passed by in a blur. Their eyes remained fixated on each-other. Kristen was so turned on she feared she'd pass out. She'd give anything to know what he was thinking; what he was feeling. Were his feelings for her as strong as hers were for him? Did he feel anything emotional towards her at all or was it all primal? And if primal was all there was could she live with that?