Lana can't be that far, especially on foot. Shit, I shouldn't have let her leave at this time of night. LA is dangerous during these dark hours, no matter what part you live in.

[Lana]

Crossing my arms over my chest I wait for the crosswalk signal to allow me to pass. My feet ache and it's taking everything in me not to take these heels off and just barefoot it all the way home. Shit what the fuck do I care? Just as the signal changes and instructs me to pass I hastily take my shoes off and scamper across the road. I'm almost brought to tears as the last hour replays in my head, every part of it from that bitch Jessica to the declaration of my feelings for Harry. It's like I push it out of sight and out of mind but it just pops back up out of nowhere. I manage to literally shut it out and forget for just a few minutes before it all comes crumbling back.

I can't believe I actually fell for him after telling myself time and time again that I despised him and his clingy nature. When in reality it was all I craved, to feel something more. I never realized that everything he was willing to give me was exactly what I was looking for. Through all those one night stands, I was waiting for just one to ask me to stay the morning after. That never came until I met Harry, and even then it caught me so off guard that it scared the shit out of me. I never thought it would come but it did and I didn't know what the hell to do about it. My whole life I have never felt what it was like to be loved by anyone other than my own mother, and I know Harry doesn't love me just yet, hell maybe he never will especially now. He will never see me again.. But if things were different and he did love me I wouldn't know how to go about it, and that's what scares me the most. Not knowing how to love someone, if I'm doing it right or if I'm doing too right..

“Lana?” a familiar voice calls to me from inside the car following me. “It's me James” he announces and I lean down to see inside at the man who Harry despises more than anything. “Jesus, you look like crap.. What did I miss?” he half smiles and I roll my eyes as I keep walking at my usual pace. “Sorry i'm bad at this sort of stuff.. Why don't you climb in I'll take you home yeah? It isn't safe for a young lady to be walking the streets at this hour” Ironically before I can decline his offer a group of guys looking like their up to no good come out of the near by convenience store. “Sure” I sigh in defeat and slide into his passenger seat. His BMW smells brand new, the leather is lush against my bare shoulders. “Nice yeah?” he chuckles as he pulls back out onto the road. “Mhmm” I mumble, just because I'm thankful for him giving me a ride doesn't mean I still don't think he's a creep.. Honestly I know how to take care of myself though maybe tonight i'm just too worn out.

“Just take the next right over there” I instruct after a few moments of silence. As much as I despise having to go back to that hell hole. I can't wait to climb into my twin bed and cry into my pillow until the sounds of my fathers yelling wakes me up tomorrow morning. “Sure” James looks back and forth between the road and myself.

“You alright?” he breaks the silence, “Fine” I keep it short.

“Sorry to break it to you love but you don't look fine” he half laughs.

“I don't think I asked you now did I?” I bite back and he sucks his teeth followed by a chuckle. “Alright fair enough. I can see why Harry likes you”

“He doesn't” my heart sinks at the words slipping from my mouth.

“He can be a twat at times but I wouldn't say that” I look over at James his eyes fixed on the road and back out the passenger window. I shake my head and wipe the stray tear rolling down my cheek. He can't be father from the truth, if Harry liked me like everyone says he does he wouldn't have fucked some bimbo. You know he likes you.. My subconscious can't be anymore infuriating, because as much as I tell myself that he doesn't I know he does. And the only reason he slept with that girl was because of me. I pushed him to do it by rejecting him and making him believe I had no feelings for him. This is really all my fault.