Chapter Nine: Taking Care of The Kid And Some Jealousy

Start from the beginning

You: "She needs to see a doctor please. She seems to have caught a cold." I said politely. The lady looks up and smiles warmly.

Receptionist: "Aw. Well I'll need some basic information. Her name?" She asks politely.

You: "Olivia." I stated simply. She has no last name as far as she knows.

Receptionist: "No last name?" She asked a little confused. I just shake my head.

You: "She's an orphan I've been taking care of." I replied smiling at the lady. She gains a huge smile.

Receptionist: "Aw, that's so nice of you. Just give me yours then." She says looking at the paper in front of her.

You: "(Last Name)." I said to her. She nods and has her stand so she can take her height and weight.

Receptionist: "Okay. Height check. Hair color check. Hm. Birthday?" I just hand her a piece of paper that contained that stuff. I picked Olivia back up. "Okay. Just sit and wait. He should be with you guys shortly." I thank her. Before I can go to sit down though she speaks up again. "You know... I have some free time after work Mr. (L/n)." I stop and look at her slightly confused.

You: "My name is (M/n). And that's a good thing right?" I said smiling as I began to go sit down. What the hell was that about? As I sit down I hear her sigh a bit but nothing more.

*TIMESKIP*

Turns out she's caught Strep Throat. We went and got her medicine and headed back to the Temple. When we arrived however we were greeted by an annoyed looking Mako. Bolin and Asami were looking at us with a look that said 'Sorry'. I looked at them and raised an eyebrow. He spoke.

Mako: "What were you guys doing?" He asked with the slightest amount of venom in his voice.

You: "Olivia caught something and I had to cancel our training session for the day. She offered to help me get Olivia here to the doctors. Why?" I asked. I have a feeling I know the answer though.

Mako: "You should've told me or someone." Again with venom in his voice. What is his freaking problem?

You: "Oh yes. Let me barge into where you work with a sick child and Korra and say 'Hey this kids ill and needs a doctor.' That's a pretty stupid thing I would've done Mako. Olivia was my priority. Why are you upset?" I asked. I know the answer but I want him to admit it. Mako just looked more annoyed. I just shake my head. Olivia is more important than his dumb ego.

Mako: "Well... I uh." I just sigh. I begin walking away. I need to get her in bed.

You: "Look I'd stay and chat but the sick child in my arms is my priority." I said walking off. Asami and Bolin followed me. I could hear Korra and Mako begin to Argue. I sigh deeply.

Asami: "Don't worry too much about it. He was like this when we were together to." She said putting her hand on my shoulder. I just shake my head at that. What? Did he think I would take her away? I would never do that.

You: "How on earth did you stand it? I'm not gonna take Korra away or anything. I'm not that kind of person." I said as I opened my room door. I heard Bolin chuckle lightly. I guess he's witnessed this crap before.

Bolin: "We know. He's just an idiot sometimes. Thinking of relationships. Do you have a girlfriend?" He asked. I just chuckle lightly before placing Olivia on my bed. I give her the medicine and have her drink the water that I had in there. I gave her a bell.

You: "Ring this if you need something okay?" She just nods. I kiss her head before leaving my room. "No Bolin. Why would I? I know two women in total." I said raising an eyebrow at him. He looks surprised. What? That makes no sense though.