He stopped at the bathroom door and glanced over his shoulder at his mate, smirking confidently.  “Eh… once or twice, but I don’t mind if you tell me again.”

     She sat up on the bed, sheets falling around her waste and scowled at him.  “Why you-,” she started and grabbed a pillow, tossing it in his direction.  Will saw the pillow coming at him and yelped; slamming the door closed before it reached him.  She fell back on the bed in a fit of giggles. 

     Life was good she thought to herself, almost too good.  She turned her head and glanced over at the night table, noticing that godforsaken letter lying there, mocking her.  Something was coming; she could feel it, sense it.  But what, she didn’t have a clue.  Her good mood quickly soured as she forced herself out of the bed.  All she could hope for was that when the time came, they would be ready.  Otherwise, she knew there was no way she would survive another death.  She would just assume her own death before she had to go through losing any more of her friends or fate not withstanding, Will’s.

***************************

     Standing in front of the mirror, Raven started to brush the tangles from her hair.  She was solemn as she watched her reflection and smiled when Will came into her view.  He stopped behind her, easily taking the brush out of her hands and tenderly continued to comb through her hair, easing the rest of the tangles.  She watched his reflection in the mirror and was amazed by his gentleness in the task.  When he finished, he laid the brush down on the countertop and placed his hands on her shoulders.

     Lifting his gaze to meet hers in the mirror, he squeezed her shoulders.  "Ready?”

     She nodded, unable to speak after such an innocently intimate moment. 

     “Good, because we’re supposed to meet the gang over at Starbucks this morning. You’ll get to meet Lina and Kevin too.  I’ve already talked with Kevin and is the one that will be following you around this afternoon.”  He pressed a kiss to her head, knowing that a thousand kisses would never be enough for him.  “I wanted to make sure that you were comfortable with him before I left you two alone."

      She loved his thoughtfulness; Will made her feel so cherished. "That sounds like a good idea to me,” she commented and then added, “Plus, I have been dieing for some real caffeine.”

      “And whatever my little mate wants, my little mate gets,” he tugged at the edge of a tousled curl.

     “Damn straight,” she grinned, “And it would be smart to remember that too.”

     “Ha!  Don’t push it babe,” he remarked.  “Let me re-phrase that, whatever my mate wants, she gets as long as it doesn’t pose a risk to her.”

     Raven rolled her eyes and headed for the door, feeling Will’s hand on her back. “Blah….blah… blah,’ she bobbed her head.  He swatted her butt and she jumped, rounding on him, “Hey!”

     He shrugged his shoulders, playing innocent.  “What?” He asked, opening the door for her.  She shook her head and turned around.  She was so head over heels in love, she didn’t know which way was up or which way was down.  Walking out the door, she heard his soft laughter behind her.  If she stood a chance with this guy, she really needed that coffee that she was so badly craving.