Sawyer didn't text back after this, but I still couldn't believe Sawyer was actually doing this. But the scariest thing that will bring the most pain is if what he saying is actually true, because it could be possible no matter how much I don't want to believe it.

~

Sadly we lost the game because we couldn't take on the guy with a diamond sword. But right after that, Stacy randomly disconnected our Skype call without saying anything. I had no clue why, especially since she wanted me to tell her what happened.

After 15 minutes, I heard a knock on the door. Sawyer was probably back and forgot his keys.

As much as I wanted to leave him out there in the cold, I had to let him in. Instead of opening it, I just unlocked it and immediately turned around and walked to the kitchen.

"Hey," a voice that wasn't Sawyer's called. It was Stacy.

"I came right after the game ended because you sounded like something big happened. And being a good friend and all, I brought some snacks. So tell me what's up," she said.

I smiled, knowing that Stacy really cared about me, which is something I always want in a friend.

We sat on the chairs by the counter, where I began to tell her what happened.

"So.. You know how me and Cat are together, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course! Why?" she replied. I took my phone out and showed her the texts.

"Oh....I'm so sorry, Joey. I wonder why he's acting like this," she said.

"Me too.." I sighed.

"Oh he's not home is he?" she asked.

"No, he went to go drinking or something with Tyler," I said.

"Well.. I don't think what he said was true. I mean, Cat really really loves you, so why would she throw away that love and trust and cheat on you? He could be making this up."

"I know, Stacy. I just..." my thoughts wandered off, and I was still in disbelief.

"You know what Joey, what if that isn't Sawyer?" Stacy said after a short silence.

"Oh my god Stacy, you're genius! Someone could have stolen his phone or something!" I said.

"Should we wait until he comes back?" she said.

"I guess it's the only thing we can do. But he might come home really late," I said. I looked over at Stacy, who looked like she was deeply thinking.

"I have a question though. If it wasn't Sawyer, then who was it? And why did they target Sawyer?" I asked.

"I don't know, Joey. This is all so complicated," she said.

I facepalmed. "I shouldn't have told anyone we were together."

"No, don't blame yourself Joey. It's not your fault this happened. It was good to tell people. But it's the people, who think this is okay, but it's not," she said. And she was right. I told people who I thought I could trust, but those people betrayed me.

"Stacy, you're right. I'm just grateful I have you as a friend. I'd be lost without you," I said, tears starting to form.

"That's why I'm here Joey. To make sure you're always feeling happy and good about yourself," she noticed my eyes start to get shiny because of the forming tears. "Aww, Joey don't be sad. Let's play some Minecraft, shall we?"

I just smiled and followed her to the computer, while she got out her laptop. We played MCSG for a couple hours, until Sawyer came in.

"Joey? You home," Sawyer called. I exchanged looks with Stacy as I took my headphones off.

"Oh, hi Stacy," I heard him say. She waved and smiled. He appeared in sight, walking into the room.

"Sawyer, I saw the texts you sent me," I said, hoping he was drunk when he wrote it and didnt mean it.

"Oh my gosh, Joey, I forgot to mention that I lost my phone," he said.

"What?"

"Yeah. I was at the bar with Tyler and my phone wasn't in my pocket. I don't know if I dropped it or I lost it or if someone stole it."

I pulled out my phone, checking what time his texts were sent. 7:53.

"Sawyer, what time did you get at the bar, and what time was it when your phone was missing?" I asked.

"I got there around 7, I think. My phone was missing....like.... 7:20-30 ish?" he replied.

"Okay, because look at the texts someone sent me," I showed him the phone.

"Oh god Joey I swear that wasn't me. Some bitch stole my phone! Did you actually think that was me? I would NEVER do that," he said.

I looked over at Stacy, who was listening to us.

{Sawyer's POV}

I can't believe someone stole my phone, and why they would even try to mess with Joey and Cat's relationship.

I looked again at the texts that got sent to Joey. The one that specifically said "she tried to kiss me while you were on the Amazing Race again."

That could only mean 2 things. The person made this up coincidentally, or someone was watching us that day she came over and I tried to kiss her.