chapter one

Mum insisted that I go to therapy every Thursday, and that Michael had to drive me. He reluctantly agreed, annoyed that he had to give up his Thursday but he secretly didn't mind. He wanted me to get better.

"Michael, you don't have to stay, you know. There's a mall around the corner-" my brother cut me off with just a glare.

"Riley, you know mum would kill me if I did leave, and you know your therapist is supposed to update me weekly. Wait, you tried that last week too. Riley, are you hiding something?"

"No! Michael, it's just, ugh. I hate having you sucked into my problems!" I threw my hands into the air, exasperated

"Riley." Michael put his hands on my shoulders, forcing me to look at him. "I'm not sucked into your problems. I am your brother, and that makes your problems my problems."

He looked around after I weakly nodded, and spotted a silver car pulling into the parking lot.

"Oh! There's someone I want you to meet!" Michael cried as a blonde boy got out of the car. The boy walked over to us, and I got a good look at him. His blonde hair was gelled up into a quiff, and a black ring adorned his pink lips. He wore a red and black buttoned up flannel, and ripped black skinny jeans. His blue eyes were bright, and various band bracelets stuck out of his sleeves. He stuck out his hand, and smiled.

"Hi, I'm Luke."