I wake up abruptly as a boy about my age shyly walks in. I rub the sleep out of my eyes. "Oh hello," I say surprised. It was Heather's boyfriend's little brother. He's a sophomore so that means he's 16 years old...I think. I never knew his name though. "Uh my brother dragged me here and I don't really-uh...I can't be there so would it be alright if I just...stay here?" He says quickly and quietly.

I think about my options. He could stay here and keep me company or he could stay in the party and feel awkward. "C'mon," I tell him. He closes the door and sits on the floor near my bed. "Sorry for waking you up," He tells me genuinely. "It's okay," I say "You can sit on the bed if you'd like," When he hears these words he gets up and sits at the edge of the bed. "What's your name?" I ask him still rubbing my eyes and yawning. "Oh I'm Derek, and you are...?"

"Scarlett," I tell him. He's so nervous it's adorable.

"Oh you have a nice name," He says fiddling with his fingers in his lap. He's so nervous. "Thank you," I say and giggle. I pat on the bed space next to me for him to sit. He gives a panicked look as if he doesn't know what to do. "Don't worry it's alright," I tell Derek still patting the bed space next to me. Derek kicks off his shoes and sits next to me with his legs crossed like a kindergartener. He holds his hands tightly in between his legs. "You want to play a game?" I ask him eagerly. "Uh sure why not,"

"Okay we're going to play 2 truths 1 lie. Have you played that game before?" I ask. He nods his head. "Okay I'll go first...um let me think...oh okay! Uh okay once in the 6th grade I called a girl a ticking time bomb and got a detention...um when I was little I would put banana peels everywhere to see if people would slip and I put bleach in my sisters shampoo and it was blonde for a couple days," I say and smile as he tries to guess which one is a lie. "Okay you did not dye your sisters hair blonde," He says in disbelief. "Is that your final answer?"

"Yes,"

"Wrong! It was during the summer and we don't talk about it because she still gets upset about it," I say and he starts laughing and then just smiles. His smile is so adorable he's like a puppy. "Okay my turn! Uhm...I was convinced that my brother killed our dog when I was younger, I passed my drivers test, and I play the violin," He says with a smile that shows he's proud of what he came up with. "You were convinced your brother killed your dog is a lie," I say

"Wrong!" He says and I start laughing. "I can't play the violin," He says with a straight at first and then bursts out laughing which makes me laugh. His laughing is contagious. I playfully push him and he does it back. "You're really.....," He mumbles so I can't hear the last part. "What?"

"What? Oh. You're really funny,"

"Oh thank you. You are too," I say. 'And adorable' I think in my head.

We play another 4 or 5 rounds of the game before we call it a quits and just watch TV. We decide on The Big Bang Theory. I put my pillow up and lay my feet down with the covers on and Derek does the same. I'm still insanely tired so I put my pillow back down. "Derek I'm going to sleep wake me up if anything interesting happens," I mumble "Sure," He says as he

I wake up with my head on his chest and my arm wrapped around him. I quickly get up hoping that Derek isn't upset with me for falling asleep like that(even though I didn't really mind it) "You love birds better cut it out before Heather see's this you know she'll flip," The voice says. I sit up and stare at the person. "Oh hi, Blake," I say. Blake being the guy my sister has been in a relationship with for the past year or so. I notice Derek waking up and he notices Blake. "Oh Blake we weren't doing anything-She just...-We just kinda uh...,"

"Dude I know don't worry. Not even Kat Dennings could get you to give up your flower," He says smiling. I smile and look back at Derek who just rolls his eyes. Derek must have given Blake a look because in less than a second Blake is gone. "What time is it?" He asks me. "It's 10pm. We have about 3 hours before people start leaving," I say. "Sorry for uh falling asleep like that," I tell him.

"Oh yeah uh that's okay I didn't mind- I mean...I was just being polite," He says correcting himself.

"What do you want to do?" He asks me. "Well I want to kiss you but-," Oh sh** sh** sh** did I really just say that. I'm going to cry. "I mean...," I say trying to think of a way to play it off. Meanwhile Derek is giggling like a godd.m schoolgirl. "I didn't mean that," I say finally choosing words. "It's okay Scarlett," He laughs out. "Would you settle for a date?" He says stretching. "Really?" I say hopefully. He laughs again making my stomach twist. "Sure," He says. "What's your number?" He asks taking out his phone. I give it to him and my phone beeps

"Just making sure you didn't give me a fake number," The text says and I smile. We ended up playing stupid games for the rest of the night like guess the song, would you rather, 2 truths 1 lie, and marry, kill, screw. It was the most fun I had since that time my dad fell out of a boat and said "There's so much water,"

It was a good night.