Part Two

Beep..Beep. Beep! BEEP! BE-
   Slam
   I hate that alarm clock. Wait..today is.. oh no.. and I-
   "Kayla!!!" Katie exclaims, pounding on my door. "Come on!! Today's the big day!! We're gonna be eighteen!!!"
   "Yeah..lemme just.." I reply in a morning tiredness and get up, get dressed, brush my teeth and hair, then go downstairs.
   "Good morning sleepy!" My mom chirps and hands me a bowl of cereal. "Remember! Ten fifteen! And ten twenty for you Katie!" She continues happily. All of my family is so peppy.. well my dad isn't but that's because he works so much..probably..
   "Morning sweeties" my dad says sweetly to us, and hands us a cupcake each.
   "Thank you!" Katie beams
   "Thanks" I add quickly after her, slightly muffled as I was already stuffing my face with cupcake.

   "Alright! Bye girls!" My mom chimes as Katie leaves the house
   "It'll be fine." My dad reassures me before I close the door.
   "I hope.." I can't help but reply. My dad seems to understand me more than Katie or mom does. My dad kisses me on the forehead before I started to catch up to Katie.

   Ten thirteen I stare at the clock. Ten..fourteen.... I continue staring at it while the teacher readies for my time. Katie, near the other side of the class is watching me eagerly. I notice that I've been tugging on my hair and twirling around nervously.
   Ten fifteen.

   The world didn't change.

The teacher threw so confetti to celebrate and smiled. I was eighteen. But everything was still black and white. Sam wasn't my soulmate.

   "hey..sam..." I gulp.  Sam looked confused.
   "Wow..your eyes are beautiful! A glorious clover!" He cheers.
   "...you have...color...?"I tremble.