He reappeared flat on his back in the park across from Headquarters, too overwhelmed and disoriented to have made a proper landing. His entire body was tingling with the ancient magic. His head swam as he tried to sort out his thoughts.

Our cave. Our cave was the source. All that time.

It wasn't a coincidence, he knew. It was fated. The magic called to Hermione when she found the cave with Harry and Ron. It called to her again when she needed a place to hide and heal him. They fell in love there. And hundreds upon hundreds of years ago, the magic did the same for Circinus Malfoy, giving him the materials to make rings that would keep the magic with his family, allowing it to stay bonded with his line.

Now, it seemed, Hermione would start a new era for his family. What was it the magic said?

She will be the light to your darkness.

We will heal her.

With a rough gasp, Draco jumped to his feet, and ran to the front door of 12 Grimmauld Place, throwing it open and charging inside.

He knew something had changed because the moment he was inside the threshold, he heard happy shrieks coming from upstairs. Taking the stairs two at a time, he reached Hermione's room within seconds.

And there she was, sitting up in bed, surrounded by nearly the entire fucking Order, awake and beaming.

"Draco!" she screamed, and he pushed his way through the crowd, throwing himself at her open arms. It was all too much. She was clinging to him, sobbing and laughing, and he was probably crushing her with the force of his embrace, shaking like a leaf.

"Everybody out! Immediately!" he heard Mrs. Weasley bark, and the room emptied out in record time, a few disappointed sighs rising up from the group.

The didn't speak for a long while, clutching each other, kissing each other, running their hands everywhere they could touch. Draco relished every single second, particularly the kisses. He could drown in them. Every time a kiss would end and he would pull back to look at her, he would feel drawn back in and start the cycle again. She was like a magnet. He needed more of her. She complied.

Hermione couldn't seem to stop crying, but they were tears of happiness, and she didn't bother to hold back. She cried and kissed and cried again. Her decision to jump in front of Draco and take the spell had come to her so quickly, it was over in a flash of light and a horrible pain over her heart. Then she was locked in a nightmare, with visions of gold and black clashing like lightening behind her eyes for what seemed like eternity.

But right before she jumped, she had noticed the strange gold aura that was building around her. She felt her ring hum. Fuck, on some level she even recognized that hum. And she jumped thinking, I might actually come out of this alive, but if I don't, at least he will. At least he'll survive. It will be worth it.

The long nightmare had ended with a brilliant wash of gold, a calming throb, and the most peculiar message that appeared in her consciousness as she slowly woke up.

"Draco," she murmured as he peppered her mouth with kisses. "Love you."

He whimpered, and kissed her again, hard.

"I was worried I'd never head you say that again," he breathed.

"You're going to hear me saying it constantly from now on," she smiled.

"Thank God." He kissed her again.

"Draco," she murmured. "It was the cave, wasn't it? The source of the power? The rings?"

Draco didn't respond, but nodded as he continued to kiss her. He didn't want to talk. He wanted to absorb her.

But Hermione had something that she needed to say.