It Felt Right

Live Preview: It Felt Right | FanFiction

He cupped my face and leaned toward me, closing his eyes and laying his lips onto mine. I don't know how that started, but I am not mad about it. He makes me feel special in a way Paige and Jane never could.

I never thought I would be facing the same confusion, the same questioning, that Marco did five years ago. I had given him such a bad time about not wanting to be with Hazel, but now I get it. Sure, the sex with women was interesting and a little more socially acceptable, but nothing beats the acceptance you get when in a same-sex relationship, even if it is private.

We were sitting in an empty Above the Dot, holding hands. His thumb drew circles on the back of my hand. It felt nice. I was used to being the "big" one in the relationship, the dominant. It was different, but a good different to be with a guy like Peter.

This club was his idea; didn't you know? I was totally impressed by his imagination to turn the semi-useless storage room into a profit turning teenage nightclub. I has wanted to kiss him in that moment, but I knew I couldn't show the feelings I had for him. What would he think of me?

So I hid my crush on him for a full two years, until he came to me, telling me about this kid named Riley at school. He was the football team's quarterback and a decent cross country runner. Riley had skipped class with Peter and played boxing on his Wii. Long story short, Riley kissed his host, leaving Peter speechless. Then he ran off and denied his homosexual feelings for the cute blond.

"Spinner, I don't know what to do." Peter told me, frustrated at his inability to help his friend that day.

I slid closer to him on the couch, "There is nothing you can do. You just have to wait for him to accept himself. That is one thing you can't do for him. It could happen in high school, in college, or even after. It all just depends on how long he wants to be unhappy with his life."

I was sounding wiser than I ever have before, and I could see the shock on Peter's face, but then the realization that I was right. "I guess, it just hard. I want to help."

"I understand," I said, thinking back to how much I wanted to help Marco be straight just a few years earlier.

He noticed how close I was to him, "Can I tell you something?"

"Yeah," I responded, looking him directly in the eye.

"I like dudes, Spinner," He looked scared, but his body language told me he felt safe in the room, in this situation. "I like you."

My face remained neutral. I was excited, because I liked him, too. But with how confused he was over Riley, I didn't want to corrupt his vulnerable feelings more.

"I have for a while, and okay, I like girls, too. I'm bisexual, or whatever." He said, slipping back into his normal phrasing.

At that, I smiled and responded, "Me, too, dude. Me, too." I closed the gap that was left between us and kissed him. His second homosexual kiss in twenty-four hours. My first ever, and it felt right, this felt right.