Together [Fem! Hibiki x Yamato]

A man in his mid-twenties was busy reading through the file reports stacked on his desk. Rolling up his sleeves higher, the man reached for his already cold coffee and took a sip. Reading through it again and again, the man slammed the files down in frustration.

It was the time of the year. He leaned back to his chair and removed the glasses from his face. Putting the said object on the clutter of files, he walked to the window of his office, holding the coffee in his hand trying to enjoy seeing the turning gears rotate with steady clicking.

It has been four years. Four long years since the love of his life disappeared from him. Without any explanation nor goodbye, she just disappeared like she didn't even exist in the first place. Until now, he still can't comprehend any reason for her action. They loved each other. They were leading a happy life together.

The man threw the cup on the floor out of frustration, smashing it to pieces.

Why?

He questioned himself. They were supposed to marry. They were supposed to marry on this cursed day. Why? Why? Why? Why?

"Why?" He kneeled down, clutching his face with his right hand, feeling the naked tears made their way out of his eyes.

"Why Hibiki? Why do you have to leave me alone? Why?"

•••••••••••

A woman was reading her son to sleep when she suddenly felt a sudden urge of sadness. She dropped the book onto her and gaze out to the window. The stars were shining brightly, adorning the night sky perfectly. She then looked at her son. He was a carbon copy of his father. The messy, straight silver hair with his bangs hanging over his right eye like his father, framing his sharp face. He even inherited the purple eyes of his.

Touching his cheek with her palm, she leaned down and kissed his forehead lightly while saying goodnight to her beloved son. Placing the book at the shelve beside his bed, she then turned off the bedside lamp and walked out of the room. Carefully she closed the door and left it slightly ajar.

The woman walked to the garden of their house. Living in the countryside does have its benefits, as she got to build her own garden. It was her pride and joy. It was also a place where she escaped from the reality of the harsh life. She sighed. Today was the day when she leave everything behind. She left everything including him.

How ironic was it, when today was the day they planned to get married and it was the same day where she decided to leave him.

She closed her eyes and sat down on the bench. Till now, she was still contemplating the decision that she made. Was it the right choice? Was it right leaving him? Was it right hurting him? Was it right for her? Was it right for her son?

Everyday she would ask this to herself. Everyday for the past four years she had been running away. Every single day when she looked at Shintarou's sleeping face she would ask this to herself.

"Yamato, am I doing the right thing? I want to think it that way. It was the best for all of us. It was the best solution I could think of. I want it to be that way." She clasped her hand together, as in a prayer.

"It was for the best." Tears silently ran down her pale cheeks.

•••••••••••

"Good Morning Chief. May I remind you that you have a lunch today with Alcor at the usual place. He said that I should remind you again... in case you have forgotten." Makoto, placed a cup of coffee onto his table.

"Is that all?" Yamato never took of his eyes from the paper in his hands.

"Yes. I'll take my leave." She left the room leaving the man alone again. Yamato looked up and drop the paper away. He reached for his cell and scrolled for his number.