“I suppose so. We’d be siblings, wouldn’t we, Harri?” Draco asked his best friend with a quavering smile.

“In everything, but blood,” she replied with a smile. She had always wanted a brother.

The clock in the corner of the room rang out in a small tune. When Harri looked at the time it was nine. “Sirius, you’re going to be late for work! You have to be there in fifteen minutes!” Harri told her godfather, who, at her comment, flew from the chair he was sitting in to get ready for work.

Sirius left on time and Remus arrived ten minutes later to watch the three preteens. Later that morning, Harri opened the refrigerator and found something Sirius needed for work. “Remus, Sirius forgot something again! I’ll go and drop it by the Auror office!”

Remus shouted a muffled reply of “okay” from somewhere else in the apartment and Harri got her shoes on to head to the Auror office.

Harri sighed, how Sirius forgot something as important as the object in her hand she’ll never know. Then she goes to the fireplace in Sirius’ ‘study’ and used the floo network to get to the Auror office, where she finds Kingsley manning the desk.

“What did he forget this time while he was rushing?” Kingsley asked, used to Harri coming to drop off something Sirius forgot.

“His wand,” Harri replied with an amused grin.

“Where was it?”

“The refrigerator.”

Kingsley chuckled at her answer. He had never met an absentminded Auror as successful as Sirius. 

The rest of the day passed uneventfully and none of the second years could wait for the next day when they would head to Diagon Alley.

When everyone went for breakfast the next morning they were greeted with the three letters from Hogwarts on the table. Sirius and Remus, who had arrived early that morning to help his best friend with the school shopping, were watching the three second years run to the table and open their letters:

SECOND-YEAR STUDENTS WILL REQUIRE:

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

“Who’s Gilderoy Lockhart?” Harri asked with a frown. She liked there to be more diversity in her school book list and these books didn’t even sound very appealing. She knew for a fact no one could wander with a werewolf and survive, and here she was hoping for a decent defense against the dark arts curriculum. 

“How have you not heard of him? He’s written so many fantastic books!” Hermione said with a slight blush on her face.

“Wait, I’ve heard that name before…Gilderoy Lockhart, didn’t we use hex him for trying to take the credit for our pranks?” Sirius asked Remus thoughtfully.

“Yes, he was a Hufflepuff two years behind us. Boy, did you and James put him in his place,” Remus replied with a smile playing on his lips. James and Sirius used to do the craziest things back at Hogwarts.

“You’re telling me, that some half-wit wrote the books on our list?” Draco asked the two adults in the room. He had come to the same conclusion as Harri and realized that this book list sounded like a joke.