Chapter 15 - "You're on cloud nine."

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Stupid enough for letting me fall for you, and not being ready to catch me."

"Do you wanna talk about our relationship? Fine." He got up from the bed and approached me.

"I made a bet with the guys about you, because I was a complete jerk back then. I'm not even denying it. But you turned out to be the best damn thing that has ever happened to me. And even though I did everything for you, yet you found new ways to doubt me. I threw you a surprise party for your birthday, I used all of my money to pay for a hotel room for you and I confronted your friends for leaving you. As soon as you found out about the bet, you thought it was all a part of the act. If it were, I wouldn't have done all that for you. So hate me all you want for sleeping with Cassi, but don't doubt my feelings for you ever again."

"Fine, you loved me, so what?"

"So stop blaming me for our break up. Remember that I tried to fix it, but you wouldn't even let me explain? I was a huge reason for it, yes, but you weren't so damn innocent yourself!"

"And what the hell did I do?"

"I don't know, I just..." He tugged at his hair. "You were so selfish! We could still be together if we–"

"You don't even believe in love!" I cut him off. "And three months ago you told me you were done with us. Now I'm done."

I turned around to leave.

"I can't believe I actually thought..." I trailed off, and he grabbed my hips from behind and spun me around.

"Thought what?"

"That you were worth a second chance."

We just stared at each other for a few seconds, and I saw his eyes drifting down to my lips.

"You wanna bet?"

"Wh-you...are you serious?" His question startled me.

"Let's make a bet, a bet including you this time. Just between you and me."

I frowned, not understanding where he was going with this.

"I bet you five pounds that you're gonna fall for me –again– within two months." He cockily said, holding out his hand for me to shake as an agreement.

"And what makes you think I'd fall for you?"

He gave me a sceptical look.

"Let's be real. It's just a matter of time."

I stared at him for a while, wanting to smack that grin off his face. Then I grabbed onto his hand.

"It's on, Horan."

"Good. The rules are simple; the first one to fall, loses."

I let go of his hand and stomped over to the door.

"Oh, and Olivia?" He said as I was about to head outside.

I glared at him over my shoulder.

"Happy birthday." He grinned.

I rolled my eyes and slammed the door shut.

---

March 25, 2019

It was time for our spring break. Ever since New Years we've been talking about going away on a trip and I was lucky enough to bring all of my friends. After a lot of arguments about it, we booked a four days vacation to Paris. That gave me three more days off before I need to get back to class, and I was planning on visiting my mom two out of three of those days.