Chapter 27 - Game Changer

Start from the beginning

"What do you want with Neal?" I ask him.

"That's none of your concern," Pan replies, standing in front of me with his arms crossed.

"It is my concern if you're going to hurt him."

"Don't worry, Davina, I won't hurt a hair on his head," He says, smirking.

"I'm going to guarantee that...by freeing him," I say and move towards him.

Pan pushes me back, "No, you're not."

"Yes, I am," I say through gritted teeth.

"No, Davina, you're not," Pan says, and suddenly he picks me up and slings me over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I shout, hitting his back, but he barely even flinches.

When he finally sets me down, I fall onto my back. We're in the clearing where I told him about Jones. The same clearing where we first met. The trees are thinner than before, grey and stripped bare. All the leaves covering the ground are bone-dry and break as soon as the wind touches them.

"When are you going to learn to stay out of my business?" Pan asks.

I push myself off of the ground, "When I know you're not going to hurt anyone, and you stop trying to ruin everyone's lives!"

"I'm not. I'm playing a game. There's a difference. Until you learn it, I suggest you try and find a way to save yourself first," Pan responds, his jaw tensing.

"I can't do that if I'm stuck here with you!"

"If anything, staying here, even just in the compound, you're safe! Safer than anywhere else! But you can't seem to process that, so I'll just have to teach you," Pan shouts.

He turns and begins walking away, I follow.

"Don't walk away from me! I have more to say to you!"

"You can tell me when you learn to stay put," Pan says without turning around.

He waves his hand, and just when I catch up to him, I hit what seems to be an invisible wall. I stumble back and try again, but only end up walking into something I can't see. I walk up and knock once, seeing waves spread out, up and over my head in a dome shape.

"What have you done?" I ask.

"It's a protection spell. It should teach you about boundaries," Pan explains.

I'm stunned, "You can't do that! You can't keep me here!" But it's too late and he's gone.

I scream in frustration and hit the dome. Damn Peter Pan, thinking he can cage me up like an animal. I hate him. I really really hate him. There is a possibility in him to do good, but he just won't. He's made a bad decision putting me in here. I hate being trapped in one place for a long time, and when I'm bored, I get angry. It's already setting in. With a burst of anger, I bring my sword up and hit the dome repeatedly until I don't have it in me anymore. I sit down against a tree and try to calm myself.

- - -

It's been hours, which means that Pan is up to something and Emma and the others are in trouble, and God knows what's happened to Henry. I hate not knowing what's going on. Pan hasn't made me feel any better. If anything, he's just infuriated me even more. If he has the audacity to make some kind of sarcastic comment, then this sword might just accidentally find it's way to his leg...or shoulder...maybe I could just kick him in the...

Anything will do. To pass some time, I've been practising with my sword, trying to master some of the harder moves that I never got a chance to practise. I'm so worked up, that when I hear the breaking of twigs behind me and spin around with my sword in hand, I almost cut Henry's head off.