Chapter 51.

Mulai dari awal

I laughed and hugged them goodbye. I walked back to the dorm and saw Mal sitting on the couch with her jersey on. I walked in and kissed her cheek and ran to the bedroom. I threw on my jersey with Lloyd 10 on the back. I looked at myself and smiled at my jersey. I grabbed my AK snapback and put it on. I walked back out to Mal and she stood up.

"Ready babe?"
"Yes. Cmon so."

We walked out to her car and drove to the stadium. We were early. When we arrived the girls were justing walking into the dressing room. Emily saw me and ran towards me. I picked her up and put her on my back and gave her a piggy back back to her mothers before they freak out. Mal laughed the whole way. Emily giggled as I tickled her.

"There you are. Emily you know not to run off like that. Hey Lex."
"Hey Al."
"Sorry Mommy but I'm just so happy to see Lexi again. I missed her."
"I know babe. Nice hat Lex."
"Thanks. It's yours actually. I'll give it back to you after the game."
"Keep it."
"Thanks. Where is she sitting during the game?"
"In the box with security. She's a little nervous, will you go up?"
"Am okay."
"Thank you so much. Come into the dressing room and catch up with some of the girls."
"I'll wait outside with Mal and then take Emily."
"Alright. I'll tell them you're here so and cheering us on."

I smiled. I took Mal's hand and intertwined our fingers and held Emily with my other hand. We followed Ali all the way to the locker room but stayed outside. Mal took Emily to the bathroom so I was alone in the bathroom. The locker room door opened and Pinoe came out. She jumped when se saw and screamed. She ran and jumped on me causing us to fall. I laughed and she gripped onto me tightly.

"Why Pinoe? Why not hug me normally?"
"Because where's the fun in that."

I laughed and she helped me up. She practically dragged me into the dressing room. It went silent when she pushed me in. I fell and landed right in front of Tobin's locker.

"Hey Tobs."
"Don't hey Tobs me. Where the hell have you been?"
"Living my life. Speaking if which I should get back to."
"Not so fast there girl. We still have two hours until kickoff so you're going explain as to why you didn't tell any of us where you were. Your mothers were worried sick about you and looked for you in every city we've been to."
"I didn't have my phone. I wanted a clean start and that's what I got. I'm happier than I've ever been."

I looked around the room and looked at everyone. They all gave me sad smiles. I made eye contact with Carli and kept it.

"You were all obviously better off without me so I thought why come back. They're all happy. Carli especially seeing as she's pregnant. It was a win win at life. So, if you'll excuse me I have my live to get back to."

I walked out of the room and slammed the door shut behind me. Mal and Emily jumped with the fright. I looked at Mal and she looked concerned. They stood up and we walked to the box so we could get our seats. Two hours later it was kickoff but the team was off form. All their play was messed up and Hope left in three goals in the first half alone. They kept looking up towards us. I finally got fed up and stood up. I made eye contact with Hope and Kelley and my eyes watered. I looked down at Mal. 

"I can't be here. I'll be outside. Enjoy the game and make sure you get anything you want signed. I love you."

She nodded. I walked out of the stadium and sat on the bench. I put my head in my hands and started crying. I heard the sound of cleats hitting the gravel. I looked up and saw Hope and Kelley make their way towards me.

"What are you doing here? You are in the middle of an important game."
"Some things are more important and Jill knows that."

I looked away from them and back down at the ground. They sat at either side of me. I lifted my head and looked straight ahead.