"Do I ?"

She frowns. 

"Don't brag" she hisses, grabbing my forearm. She squeezes it, and her nails attack my skin. I frown too. "You're not good enough for her."

I know.

With that said, she just leaves because she sees some of my teammates coming near me. She greets them with kindness, while I am just asking myself : is the right ? I mean, I know I'm a mess, and I probably am the one that is damaged. I mean, I'm always keeping my feelings and emotions hidden inside of me, always talk with anger filling my voice, am faking the fact that I don't know anything about Allie's discovery on my dad, and so on. 

I look at the start, drinking bottoms up. I know it's gonna be a long night, but this drink is the end of me. 

** 

"Lindsey ?"

I hear a worried voice, and then people moving around me. I am obviously lying on the ground, since it's a very cold surface. I suddenly feel very bad, so I open my eyes, roll to the side and start puking. I feel people backing off because somebody tell them to, and then a strong female voice asking for towels. 

Once I puked everything on the ground, I just sit down and look around. Danny is the first person I see, followed by Allie - who is tapping my cheeks to see how I am doing - and also half of her team. I smirk. Shit

She doesn't seem to be very happy about that. 

"Lindsey, why did you do that to yourself ?" 

Do what ? I ask myself. 

Then, I remember. I went inside to get something to drink, ended up kissing some random dudes, only to finish my race for alcohol on that very ground, thinking that watching the stars with the whole world turning was a good idea. I probably fell asleep or something. 

Once there only is Allie, Danny, Sam and Abby (that joined the fun, apparently), I sigh and put my hands on my face. 

"Shit" I let out. 

Allie looks at me. She seems more worried than angry, for now at least. I sigh again, and then look at my friends around me. 

"Come on baby girl, I will walk you home" Allie says, initiating the move. 

I shake my head, trying to get up, but fail. "No, I don't want your night to be ruined" I say, this time getting on my feet. 

I almost bump into Sam, who holds me for a while. I finally find my balance back, but Allie doesn't seem happy with my answer. 

"I don't want my sister to hurt herself or something" she says, bitter. 

"I won't" I promise. 

"No, I meant hurt yourself by falling or something" she clears it out. 

We all start laughing, more and more, until I totally freeze. Damn, it's cold in here. Sam and Abby seem worried. 

"You know what ?" Danny says in a confident tone. "I was just about to head home. It's on my way, and I am not drunk enough to fall with her, so I guess I can hold her."

"There's no way I stay here when she's such a mess" Allie says, thankful for that proposition. 

I roll my eyes. "Guys, I'm right here."

"You sure are" Allie answers, rolling her eyes at me. She then puts her arm around my waist, to that I can rely on her shoulders. "C'mon, we better go. What about watching one of those stupid movies you like so much ? Uhn ?"

"Y-yeah" I stammer. 

Sam smirks. "I will walk Abby back to her dorm" she says, giving the blonde a shy look. 

The defender nods, and Allie and I are on our way back to our house.

After we left Danny to the team, and then Sam and Abby to their bus - they seem to be in a very deep talk as soon as we left them - Allie starts laughing. The situation is so awkward, and she knows she's not mad only because of alcohol. Bati has been joining us, so now I am just walking in between them, relying on both. 

The dark-haired just looks at me and smirks. 

"Bro, you look awful" he lets out. 

"Shut up" Allie and I both say. 

That makes us laugh. This is the longest way home ever. And all this time, the only thing I can think about is her. It's not that I want to think of her, but I just can't help it it seems. Even though I am trying to hate her very hard. 

That never works with her.  

(A/N : thanks for the kind support. I truly appreciate every comment and every like.)