Chapter Twenty One

Comincia dall'inizio

                What was she saying, this was the pack she had thought responsible for her fear, but now looking at them they showed every sign of being deadly, and yet her fear had gone when she had located the smell to their clothes and not their bodies. The walked through the forest for a little longer, until in front of them was another large house, rather like the one they had come from. A safe house but made of stone, great slabs of grey stone not steel. And once again in the forest it looked wrong, but branches and ivy had started to cover it, to grow over the stone and under the slabs. The grey was slowly being covered by vivid green and it partially hid the stark building from view.

“Welcome to our pack house.” The leader said.
“What’s your name?” Ray finally asked.

“Lebon. And you are Ray; Ashton has told me much of you.”

“What do you know of my father?” Tendra asked.

“That he is a fool who would never listen to me, no matter how I begged him to stay away from the Letale pack. He disregarded my words, and condemned not only himself but you and your bother as well. I have followed you everywhere trying my hardest to keep your scent for them and to get closer to you wearing their stolen clothes so you would smell them and flee. It worked for the most part but I assure you Tendra, I have a share of scars trying to save you. Unfortunately my actions were for your live, not your well being. I kept you alive but had no chance to save you from your father. My apologises, I will always feel I failed you in that.”

                She had no words to say, she had never felt so confused.

“What are we going to do now?” She asked, her eyes wandered over to Ashton who was being aided now by another of this strange pack. He was even paler, looking ghostly white but his smile was still there, the crinkle of his eyes and he still looked bubbly.
“Well, we have worked for a decade trying to get them, and now you are angry and want them as well. I think that your father finally has a use…” Lebon smiled, it was not a friendly smile, “Bait.”

“What do you mean?”

“Lure them out with him, then we can surround them and kill them,”

“Kill them?” Tendra shocked voice came from nowhere, the death penalty was harsh but they had slaughtered for years.

“Or wound so seriously we can detain them.” Lebon said. Those his eyes didn’t lose that glint. Tendra was sure they wouldn’t be aiming just for the maim. This was war pure and simple.

“But my father-;”

“Is an abusing drunk who never listened to any of us. We won’t let him be killed, but he will play bait, I watched him for years ignore us and try to play the Letale pack off. He screwed them over and he paid of it by having to move constantly. Saving you meant he lived as well. He needs to feel fear though and that is my intention.” Lebon was serious and Tendra nodded, Ray was looking at her with regret, as if he too was liking that plan.

                A warm hand touched her arm and she flinched a little turning to see Ashton by her side.
“Oh Ashton, we thought you had died! Nancy is grieving!”

“I know I will be home as soon as I don’t keep passing out every few minutes. They saved my life but I was wounded badly. But enough of me, how’s little Tim?” His eyes widened in pleasure as he thought of the little boy he was starting to see as one of his own, though, he would never get that pleasure.

“Tim is alright, he’s at the safe house with the rest of the pack.” She replied.

“Ah yes and that reminds me,” The leader stopped in his tracks. Turning slowly to regard Tendra. For a good minute it felt like he was sizing her up - as if the information he was about to give would break her and he wanted to make sure she could handle it. Her panic started again but Lebon turned to Ray, “You have a mole in your pack, Alpha. The slaughter you found, I was too late to get there, but it was initiated by one who knew you had left the pack. It was left vulnerable to attack and the advantage was taken.”

                Tendra felt her stomach fill with a brick, it got heavier as she froze on the spot.

“Catch your mate, she’s about to pass out.”

“Tendra!” Ray turned to see her fall,

“Tim. Tim’s still there!”